V-Star 65a classic rider adjustments - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bfrench
  • 1 Post By NorthernRider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
V-Star 65a classic rider adjustments

Morning guys and gals,

I've been planning on getting the Scootsmods forward foot extensions and realized that I'll probably need to bring the handlebars up and back - nothing drastic maybe a 2" increase with a 2" rearward movement.

Have any of you done this?? I'm just guessing that with a 4" riser instead of the factory one that the control cables would still fit.

Only other way I see around the foot extensions would be somehow lowering the footboards about two inches lowering my knees and allowing to keep the crashbar - not having the crashbar is almost a no go for me and finding one to fit the forward extensions seems to be the biggest hurdle.

Any hints other than buying a bigger bike and at age 73 with limited experience makes the insurance go through the roof here in Ontario - would you believe 2200.00 annually for a 1300 cruiser.

Bill
2015 Yamaha V-Star XVS65A Classic
NOS purchased April, 2017
0.9 km on the odometer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:04 AM

Garage
I might be wrong but the 650 and 1100 riser installation is the same. If I'm wrong someone please correct me. Here's a good thread on riser install on an 1100. It made a huge difference on mine and as far as comfort was one of my favorite modifications.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...-question.html

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Great link, Les,

Many thanks to you and Northern Rider - I was actually looking at the same risers as NR bought.

If NR sees this - do you still have the same bike??? And how did the risers hold up???

Well that seems to take care of the handlebars - now to just figure out how to lower my knees - either forward controls or lower the footboards.
lesblank likes this.

Bill
0.9 km on the odometer

Last edited by bfrench; 03-27-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:27 PM

Garage
I do still have my 1100 and the risers are working just fine. For the price, they're well worth installing. Coming from China, you have to be patient though. I'm about 5'9, 185lbs and I also added a set of highway pegs last fall. The weather was a little chilly then to use them much but the combination of risers and highway pegs was really comfortable. Can't wait to really try them out this summer.

Edit: I also got a set of elastic straps to keep my pant legs from blowing up when I use the highway pegs. Under $5 and pretty much a necessity.
lesblank likes this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags

Last edited by NorthernRider; 03-27-2019 at 04:34 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, NR,

I'm about 5'10" and 200 lbs - the risers look like an easy fix without having to modify any cables.

I want to keep some form of crashbar - the floorboard extensions from ScootMods like like a no brainer also except for adding the crashbar - got some questions out to Lindby as to measurements and trying to see if I can mod one of their Unibars either for the HD Road King or Heritage Softail Classic - they sweep forward and then back to the rear at the bottom - almost like a perfect fit for our bikes.

ON another note - is the 1100 about the same frame size as the 650 classic????

Bill
0.9 km on the odometer

Last edited by bfrench; 03-27-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode