1300 Windshield install - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question 1300 Windshield install

So, I picked up a 1300 factory windshield and mounting hardware on fleabay for a killer price... I started to install the windshield mounts when I realized I have a small issue. I'm not sure how to remove 2 bolts that are used to hold the mounts. There is no hex, slot or any other visible way of removal of the bolts. Are these pressed in, or am I missing something???

"Those extreme-sports kids today are good, but they have it easy. Try falling off of a motorcycle going 70 or 80 miles per hour on asphalt. Believe me, nothing equals it." - Evel Knievel

*07 V-Star 1300 - Hypercharger, PCS Monster Pro unbaffled, solo riding setup*

Last edited by Mfwright79; 04-04-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I figured it out! The previous owner put plastic caps in the holes....feeling kinda dumb now.

"Those extreme-sports kids today are good, but they have it easy. Try falling off of a motorcycle going 70 or 80 miles per hour on asphalt. Believe me, nothing equals it." - Evel Knievel

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:00 PM
KCW

Garage
looks like an aftermarket trim kit, Ive seen chrome ones pressed into the allen heads for adjusting the handlebars

I wasnt sure from the photo, also looks like JB weld epoxy smeared in there...
Mfwright79 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
It was a press in with no bolts. And yes, they were glued in.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So apparently when I installed the windshield, I pulled a wire loose for my right turn signal. Fixed the ground wire, got running light working again, but no signal. Got test light out, attempted to see if there was power at signal wire, and blew running light fuse. Now the signal is working again, but obviously running lights are not working again. Does this sound like the ground I fixed may still be messed up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode