Cobra Tuner V-star 1300 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By YHMark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Cobra Tuner V-star 1300

The 2009 v-star 1300 I bought from the insurance company has a Cobra Tuner on it. Also Cobra Exhaust.

The Tuner has "Total Fuel F12000 V2" marked on it.

Does any one have experience with this Tuner? Should I move it to the bike I ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:33 AM

Garage
Any FMS will be an improvement .I'd pull the ECU and see if it is hand engraved with something like FU066 or ivan's sticker.. that will be a huge improvement over a stock bike and the ECU's are not bike specific other than model year compatability. Like year based on ivan's website.

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

So I sent an email to Cobra and someone got back to me in a couple of hours!!

We talked on the phone for sometime, very helpful guy. This tuner works best with upgraded exhaust and air cleaner. I would say that should have been a given.
Expect to see better low RPM drivability and cooler engine temps. He said to expect lower fuel mileage which didn't impress me much.

What I didn't ask was how the computer controls the rich/lean without the o2 sensor hooked up.
bevo1981 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode