Engine guard with forward controls - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Grizzer
  • 2 Post By bfrench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Engine guard with forward controls

I like the look of these lindby engine guards.https://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/v-star-1100-engine-guards-lindby.htm

I'm mainly looking for somewhere to extand my legs out onto when on the highway but I like the added benefit of the guard. I already have forward controls on my 03 vstar 1100 custom and these lindby guards sy they won't work with forward controls. I can obviously see why as they will interfere with the brake and possibly clutch. I was wondering if any body has figured out how to make it work or if there are some other guards you would recommend with forward controls.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 02:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabercromby View Post
I like the look of these lindby engine guards.https://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs...rds-lindby.htm

I'm mainly looking for somewhere to extand my legs out onto when on the highway but I like the added benefit of the guard. I already have forward controls on my 03 vstar 1100 custom and these lindby guards sy they won't work with forward controls. I can obviously see why as they will interfere with the brake and possibly clutch. I was wondering if any body has figured out how to make it work or if there are some other guards you would recommend with forward controls.

Thanks
I just completed adding a crashbar to my 650 Classic = had to do a small modification - just drill a couple of other mounting holes - don't have any pics of the bike yet but it is the 4" ScootMods forward controls and the XFMT crashbar - my only caveat is the bar seems to be a bit too narrow and I think that the Lindby would be qa better choice if it is 32" wide - if it's less than 32" the XFMT at 30" would be the better value - if you can wait until Saturday I'll post some pics.

Here's the eBay link for the crashbar

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mustache-En...72.m2749.l2649

Bill
2015 Yamaha V-Star XVS65A Classic
NOS purchased April, 2017
0.9 km on the odometer

Last edited by bfrench; 05-03-2019 at 02:48 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 06:49 AM

Garage
It's not an engine guard but I've been looking at getting these. They mount directly to the frame, if all you're looking for is a place to put your feet up this my work. It says they're for Harley but all you have to do is measure your frame before you order to get the right size. There are instructions on the website on how to do that. Hope it helps.

https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/harle...r-frame-tubes/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeach66 View Post
It's not an engine guard but I've been looking at getting these. They mount directly to the frame, if all you're looking for is a place to put your feet up this my work. It says they're for Harley but all you have to do is measure your frame before you order to get the right size. There are instructions on the website on how to do that. Hope it helps.

https://rivcoproducts.com/shop/harle...r-frame-tubes/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Those pegs sound like a good alternative if I can't find a guard that will work properly. I do like the look of the guard. Ive been trying to search these threads and it looks like yamaha sells one that sits more forward towards the front shell and allows for forward controls.

I'm also not sure if the reason the aindby doesn't work just because the foot rests cut in towards the bike and if one that is more like a large rectangle will work with forward controls or if it is the bottom of the guard that interferes with the controls.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:01 PM

I have OEM Star Big Bar engine guard on my 2009 1100 Silverado. Works fine with extended forward controls. You might want to check to see if they are still available.
lesblank likes this.

PEACE and BLESSINGS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:29 PM

I have not been able to find those guards anywhere. Do you happen to have a part number?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Garage
Here's a couple of pics of the mustache guard on a 650 classic

lesblank and Hux83 like this.

Bill
2015 Yamaha V-Star XVS65A Classic
NOS purchased April, 2017
0.9 km on the odometer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode