V Star 1100 performance report - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By Grizzer
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By Deeksvstarclassic
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 3 Post By lesblank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

V Star 1100 performance report

A little background on my bike, it is a 2009 1100 Silverado that I have owned for almost 4 yrs. The bike is totally stock, the AIS system still hooked up, stock pipes that have been punched and K&N filter. This bike is really dialed in, no exhaust popping or backfire and very responsive throttle with no lag or hesitation. the bike has only been to 80mph once or twice, it is my baby and I usually cruise around 60mph sometimes 75 on PA interstates. Today I went out to the garage and got the bike out. Perfect day 72 deg., no wind, low humidity. I have a 3.5 mile flat straight stretch of road that is in good shape near my house. I rode the 3.5 mile stretch at about 60mph to the west end of the straightaway. Very little traffic and no cops so for the first time since I have owned her I decided to let her spread her wings a little. Don't know what speeds I was shifting at but definitely more aggressive than I have ever ridden her before. Seemed like I hit 75 or 80 pretty quick and kept on going till I hit 96 mph and decided to back down to 80 for the rest of the straight away. I know she had more left in her when I backed off the throttle but I was more than impressed and satisfied. My speedo is pretty close to my gps so I believe speedo was a true reading. I also had the windshield on for this run. Needless to say I went home with a big smile on my face! I LOVE this bike! I know a lot of guys who are not satisfied or happy with the 1100 because of the rpm's at higher speeds but I have always had oversquare, short stroke motors except for my old 883 sporty that never ran right so I guess I am used to it. Did I say I LOVE this bike?
KCW and Yamaha Pat like this.

PEACE and BLESSINGS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:15 PM
KCW

Garage
Did that with my 4 year old Ford Fusion 1.5L turbo

was on a long ride home from another state on the thruway and bored

hit a long stretch where I could see 2 miles ahead, road was empty, and I wondered how easily it would hit 100mph

turns out... pretty easily. I was mostly keeping my eyes on the road and glancing at the speedo just for a second.

I had the GPS on and I knew it would capture the max speed... I checked it a few miles down the road: 645mph!

Then I remembered I had taken the GPS on a flight to San Diego a few years ago and was holding it by the window of the jet to see how fast we were flying.

I know my Royal Star will go over 120mph.. dont need to see it myself :^)
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM

Garage
I had the GPS on and I knew it would capture the max speed... I checked it a few miles down the road: 645mph!

Sounds like your gps is made by lowrance like my locators on my skeeter Depends on how fast i go to make the lakes real deep.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:33 PM
KCW

Garage
no, you dont understand

usually when I travel I take my hiking or vehicle GPS with me (so I can use them in rental cars, and taking walks). Several times Ive had them in my carry on bag on a flight

if you turn on a GPS and hold it by the window on a commercial flight, you can usually pick up a few satellites and see your speed, altitude, what cities you are flying over...

I had done that and forgot, and had not reset the stored max readings for a couple years.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
no, you dont understand

usually when I travel I take my hiking or vehicle GPS with me (so I can use them in rental cars, and taking walks). Several times Ive had them in my carry on bag on a flight

if you turn on a GPS and hold it by the window on a commercial flight, you can usually pick up a few satellites and see your speed, altitude, what cities you are flying over...

I had done that and forgot, and had not reset the stored max readings for a couple years.

Just kidding when i go 50mph in my boat the locator can't read the bottom because the sonar ping is too far behind the boat and it will read hundreds of feet deep.
The gps thing was funny
KCW likes this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:56 PM
KCW

Garage
^ that might be because the transponder is not perfectly flat (if its in the water) and its cavitating when the boat is on a plane.

or if the transponder is on the inside of your hull, something is causing cavitation under it on the bottom of the hull...

or your boat is going so fast its warping space and time, and tearing the fabric of the universe.
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Garage
Here's my max, 95.16 mph. Close to the same as yours.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode