Need help v star 950 with Cobra FI2000R - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dustinarnold1223
  • 1 Post By KCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Need help v star 950 with Cobra FI2000R

I’ve been installing low voltage electronics For 22 years im installing this FI2000R right now and all the they got is forward connector to front fuel injector What is the forward connector ? They both could reach either fuel injector 1 has red black and gray other has red black and blue “the forward connector “ goes to front fuel injector what is the forward one the one that’s longer than the other one? The front fuel injector has a white and gray wire the rear one has white and green so the forward to me seems like the longer one which has blue red and black but I’m so frustrated that cobra couldn’t put a simple f and r on connectors or just say blue wire is front could someone please help me I would hate to assume wrong and I can’t believe a big company like cobra wouldn’t be more clearer with there installation I bought slip on and FI2000 and planned on getting there air intake but now I wish I wouldn’t have bought either bc now I’m wasting my Friday night trying to figure out what the forward one means
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:40 AM
KCW

Garage
does it come with a wiring diagram or a schematic?

sometimes they put wire colors on schematics or diagrams, and the colors are not what you would expect. Its not Wht Blk Rd Or Gry... its W K Z M U... and there is a little table somewhere that tells you K means orange...

logically if the control module is installed in one location then one injector could be farther away from that position, and get the longer wire

the problem with technical manuals is the person who wrote it knows how to install it without the directions, so its not obvious to him that he is leaving out important information
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

No it has no color it literally says “forward “ pair to front injector and the longer one would’ve went to rear injector probably easier I got it the tuning they recommended for bike with just slip on was garbage tho I looked on here and set it to 2-3-3 and it’s good now there way between 30 and 50 it. Hesitated bad the popping is gone but I don’t think I’ll ever buy another cobra product bc of there instructions a simple sticker, sharpie mark, Or use same wiring colors as bike would’ve saved me a lot of headache I understand if they were a foot apart itt was would be obvious but there next to each other. I’m still curios if that was right I just took it for 2 runs and 2 adjustments I looked at bevos input and went with his 2-3-3 and it didn’t hesitate i would like to hear anyone else’s opinion I gotta go to work now but I’m gonna get on it tonight I only have cobra slip on and fi2000r . No Iother engine mods
KCW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

don't remember which is which since i did mine a lot of moons ago. but i have called their customer service before, most likely for this product and i remember them being very helpful.
as for the settings, i would recommend leaving it at one setting for a full tank of gas, then making an adjustment for another full tank and so on until you find a sweet spot.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 06:11 PM
KCW

Garage
on these Vtwins the cylinders fire on every other revolution

if you had the injector wires bassAckwards it would be squirting fuel in to the cylinder during the exhaust stroke, and would not run at all - so dont give that another thought - if its running you got it wired correctly

its possible there was suppose to be a sticker on the case or the wires and someone on the production line forgot to put them on - if the Cobra stuff works great I would not right them off just because of that - people make mistakes

send them an email and let them know what happened and that you worked it out - give them a chance to make their production line better, or label the wires better

if the product is good, a little feedback is valuable to them
lesblank likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode