long time since I updated on my bobber build. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

long time since I updated on my bobber build.

Hi y’all. It’s been a long time since I posted my ‘04 1100 bobber. It started out as a fully dressed 1100 custom with bags, windshield, floor boards...... the works.
Where she is at now. Bike is 100% de-badged -and custom painted purple with dark blue pinstriping, Cafe style billet aluminum Clip-on handle bars. Drag specialties bullet cased tachometer, chrome brake master cover, single custom left mirror, custom headlight brackets to poke headlight out of forks more, LED headlight bulb, custom wrap around headlight fairing, forks lowered 2.5”, 1-piece stainless braided brake line to the single front brake, 23” Ultima king spoke front wheel with chrome brake rotor, stock front fender with custom brackets for 23” clearance. Chrome Foot peg swap, 6” forward control extensions, machined Billet oil housing cover, Custom air cleaner cover, custom straight pipe exhaust, factory rear fender chopped for bobber look along with shortened subframe, LED bullet tail lights, 18” Rc Components solid rear wheel and stainless rotor, rear is lowered 3.25” on turnbuckle style lowering kit, barons shorty kick stand. I’d like to say it’s basically done but they never are lol.

Next step will Probly be a single carb setup for a nice open v-twin engine bay look.

If you have questions on any of the mods let me know, happy to answer them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1C5EC88A-AC78-41B7-BDC4-151191DDEF7F.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	84554  
EleArt and CanadianMohawk like this.

Last edited by V1100km; 06-27-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:00 PM
KCW

Garage
nicely done

the only thing I recognize as a VS1100 is the engine

how did you execute the single front brake? is it one of the original 1100 front calipers, obviously the wheel and rotor are different

also did you change the master cylinder on the grip? I get the impression the master cylinder on a bike with dual front calipers is different from bikes with just one - the front brake on my royal star feels very different from my 650.

I think maybe if you post 6 more times you will be able to post bigger photos on this site, or maybe you could post the photo on a hosting site and link to it with the link-ends
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Garage
Good looking ride. Very nice work.
V1100km likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 PM

Beautiful job!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
V1100km likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 PM
KCW

Garage

oh YEAH! there she is!
V1100km and Deeksvstarclassic like this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
nicely done

the only thing I recognize as a VS1100 is the engine

how did you execute the single front brake? is it one of the original 1100 front calipers, obviously the wheel and rotor are different

also did you change the master cylinder on the grip? I get the impression the master cylinder on a bike with dual front calipers is different from bikes with just one - the front brake on my royal star feels very different from my 650.

I think maybe if you post 6 more times you will be able to post bigger photos on this site, or maybe you could post the photo on a hosting site and link to it with the link-ends
Thanks for the tip on the pics, I posted 2 links hopefully they work.

For the single front brake, itís a stock caliper, 23Ē single brake mount ultima king spoke wheel for Ď00 and up Harley softail, with an 11.5Ē Harley rotor, I swapped out the stock brake line setup for a single 1-piece brake line that goes direct from brake master to caliper. The stock 1100 brake line setup is a line that goes from brake master to a splitter manifold that mounts under the lower triple tree, then off that thereís a ďyĒ line that goes from the splitter manifold and splits to run to each of the calipers. I basically simplified the setup for a single rotor, and gained some clearance for the wheel under the lower triple tree.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:46 AM

Garage
That is definitely not a bagger.
Nice work
V1100km and CanadianMohawk like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 02:20 PM

Garage
Looks good. I like the headlight fairing. I've been thinking of one of those bullet fairings from SS cutoms or a similar cafe style fairing from Memphis Shades. do they actually do anything to keep the wind off or is it purely for looks?

Coming from a sportbike previously, I also like the look of the clip-on bars, but do they hit the tank at all at full left or right lock? Do you need to lean far forward to reach them?
V1100km likes this.

Current Bike:
2008 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

Previous Bikes:
2005 Yamaha YZF-R6T
1990 Kawasaki EX-500
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMohawk View Post
Looks good. I like the headlight fairing. I've been thinking of one of those bullet fairings from SS cutoms or a similar cafe style fairing from Memphis Shades. do they actually do anything to keep the wind off or is it purely for looks?

Coming from a sportbike previously, I also like the look of the clip-on bars, but do they hit the tank at all at full left or right lock? Do you need to lean far forward to reach them?

I was also looking at those bullet fairings, I like the look of them also. This headlight fairing is made from a plastic storage bin. A local guy uswd to make them, and I bought his last one, was only like $30, but I figured Iíd see what it looks like on my bike before I drop some big money on a legit bullet fairing. I do like the look of this one and will have it paint matched to my bike. As for the wind, it does help deflect wind a little compared to having nothing.

As for the bars, you can turn them out enough to miss the tank at full turn, but where I have them set now for the look and feel I like, I installed 2 small fork stops to to limit the full steering angle a little. It hasnít affected the riding ability of the bike for me in that respect. I rode it pretty hard and itís a blast to ride. You do need to lean forward a little to grab the bars, but Iím 6í2Ē so itís not really a problem for me. Itís a bit of a weird riding position at first, not quite a sport bike feel, but also not a total cruiser position either. But I like it and it has a look all it own. I came from sport bikes also and thatís kinda where the idea for the bars came from.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode