Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Going to be gone

5K views 54 replies 12 participants last post by  NorthernRider 
#1 ·
for a week. Going up to Canada to see my daughter and family. So if I am incognito that is why...

I'll bring back some "Timmy's" for everyone...

Toymaker

#3 ·
Dial up?

Have fun Toymaker!

#4 ·
Not too sure but I think visitor's to Canada are required to end every sentence with the word eh...example...We are having a nice day eh? I am sure @NorthernRider will correct me if I am wrong eh? :laugh::laugh:

Just kidding Northern Rider!

Maybe while you are there can you see why their Canadian Bacon is round and why their Geese, which are capable of flying seem to walk across the street? Things I just gotta know....

#5 ·
I've seen pictures of round bacon, but never had it. No idea why we're taking the hit for it.

Geese are pests. They attack cars on a nearby traffic circle because they build their nests in the marshy area in the middle. Those are vicious little peckerheads, too.

No comment on the eh... y'all :wink:

#6 ·
Toymaker decided to take off for the great white north

its a beauty way to go

hope he brung his tuke, can get chilly when the sun goes down at 11pm...

I miss him already....

#10 ·
We really are good at getting off topic. It's all Toymakers fault. However:

Sorry guys, I just had to post that. Go ahead NortherRider, hit the groan button again.

#11 · (Edited)
#13 ·
#14 ·
Got it covered. I'm going to overnight it to Toymaker for his safety. ?

#16 ·
Found another helmet for Toymaker so maybe he can connect to the internet while he's up there. NorthernRider, stop looking for the groan button, we past that point several pages ago. ?

#22 ·
Found another helmet for Toymaker so maybe he can connect to the internet while he's up there. NorthernRider, stop looking for the groan button, we past that point several pages ago. [emoji23]

Wow...where y'all get my old picture from??????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Bevo already posted this in the next motorcycle trends / gizmos thread

cant remember if its the electrostatic force field helmet

or the one that allows you to know what other drivers are thinking

they have already raised $14.37 on goFunMe to build prototypes

BTW. we are having a good time at Toymaker's expense...

#21 ·
BTW. we are having a good time at Toymaker's expense...
We definitely need to make sure Toymaker reads this when he gets back. Poor guy is probably hiding behind a tree with his helmet over his toque with geese chasing him trying to steal his bacon while he is searching for an internet connection because he only has $100 with a moose laughing at him. How's that for a summary? OK, NorthernRider since you broke your groan button here is a button for where we have taken this threat.

#23 ·
Isn't that where they get that "special" fuel...i think they call it Timmy's

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

#26 · (Edited)
How far has Tim Horton's invaded the USA?

they are everywhere in NY state, there is one 1/4 mile from my work, my preferred choice for lunch when I dont bring something to eat (not doughnuts for lunch, they make great sandwiches).

When I was a kid in Buffalo, Freddies doughnuts on main street was THE place to get doughnuts. We went fishing in Port Colborne in the summer, and Tim Hortons showed just a bit north of the Peace Bridge in the early 60's.

There doughnuts were a bit different, but there is no such thing as bad doughnuts.

I just realized a few months ago that Tim Horton was a real person - not just a real person but a certified Hockey Legend in Canada, and except for his chain of doughnut shops, I had never heard of him.

Hows that for a cultural divide across the Niagara River!

Reactions: lesblank
#28 · (Edited)
never been to mexico, never been interested

but yesterday I was looking at google earth at the southern end of the Baja peninsula... Cabo San Lucas

looks like an interesting place, 1000 miles south of San Diego

on the way down you pass volcanoes and places that look like the surface of the moon

now I want to go there, on 2 wheels... in the winter

#29 ·
I've seen them in upstate NY, Ohio, and Michigan. Tim Horton was a real hockey player, yes. Since 1964 (a VERY good year) it's been a staple, iconic Canadiana. That is until a few years ago when they sold out to Burger King. Now Timmy's is a wholly owned American corporation.

Funny though. I can think of maybe 4 Starbucks here in town (if there's one in the mall - I'm assuming there is). I bet there are 30 or more Timmies.

Edit: Just Googled it. 26

#31 ·
I did not think Tim Horton would still be alive, sorry to hear he died in an accident.

Did not know the TH invasion of the US was a product of burger king.

When we use to go fishing in Lake Erie inside the break wall at Port Colburne (the southern end of the Welland canal to Lake Ontario), on the way home we always stopped at an aluminum side of the road diner for burgers and fries and a bottle of Coke-a-cola. The burgers were excellent

and when I goto Burger King for a whopper, it reminds me of the food at that Canadian diner - big slice of tomato and onion, tasty...

maybe its because we got up before dawn to get on the lake by sunrise, we were always hungry by lunchtime on the drive home...

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.