Vstar 950 suggested new LED headlight/driving/turn signal assembly - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Vstar 950 suggested new LED headlight/driving/turn signal assembly

I purchased a 2014 model that had been laid down and has road crash on the top of the headlight bezel ring, and the headlight body/bucket is cracked. It is also missing both front turn signals, and missing some bolts that hold the bracket in place because it's bent. Pics in my profile.
I would like to switch to LED lights anyway. Does anyone know the best solution for an inexpensive option to replace the total headlight assembly with an LED version, and add LED driving lights with turn signals. Who is a good company to buy from? All the Ebay options say no assembly instructions, or sometimes no screws etc to mount. I am weary of purchasing anything I've read about on Ebay so far...thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:13 PM
KCW

Garage
ebay is a swamp, swim at your own risk

there are some good LED headlights for Vstar bikes (Edit: on amazon) multi LED headlight arrays that include the proper reflectors

they are designed to fit into the existing headlight bucket, not sure it they re-use the front lense

so that would be one option, get a replacement OEM bucket and ring, and get the designed-to-fit LED headlight array.

I was recently surprised, they have come down in price, around $35 to $50 depending on which size bucket you have.

BTW must have been a hell of a crash if the top of the headlight was scraping the pavement.

Im sure there are also completely headlight and turn signal replacements, I have not looked at them.

Last edited by KCW; 07-03-2019 at 07:27 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

I have thought about the locations of road rash and trajectories too. I wish I knew. The young man selling it bought it like that, says all he knows was it was sold by a dealer and laid down afterward, and so he just rode it around like that. The rims and forks are untouched, so I wonder if it slid up against a concrete wall after laying down, or something abrasive but up off the ground...curbs? I dunno...

I am glad you mentioned the reflective issues of the LED bulbs. So thankful for fellow owners and their insights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode