950 Question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
950 Question

One of my employees has come across a good deal on a 950T. The concern is his size, 6'2" and 300 pounds. This will be his first road bike and wondering if the bike would be comfortable for his size. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:13 PM

I see no reason that the 950 wouldn't be comfortable for someone his size. I have owned three Harleys, and the 950 is as comfortable as any of those.

To God Be The Glory!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Garage
I was looking at a 950 the other day...just looking... It seemed pretty comfortable to me. A Road Star has a slightly larger seat and is a little "taller" in seat height, but I don't think there's much difference in "leg room". I am not sure what the 950 has for power or torque, but the Road Star's 1800cc's certainly pulls my spare tire (5'/11"/240) out of the ditch every time....guys my size enjoy their 650's and 1100's, as well.

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully we have a few 950 owners with some long term saddle time over 6 feet who can validate leg room.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 08:46 PM

Cherry my 650 at my 240 lbs is 2.7 cc's per pound. the 950 at 300 lbs is 3.2 cc's per pound not a lot of difference. By the way The Strat is 7.7 cc's per pound. LOL

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:15 PM

Garage
6 footer 210 lbs. The 950 has more leg room than the bigger Harley's I've ridden. Just sold my 950 after 4 years and got a Road Star. The 950 has more leg room than the Road Star. Also, 950 power, not a problem. I've ridden two up and didn't even notice a difference with or without a passenger. Great bike the 950!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

if he feels comfortable sitting on it but has concerns about leg room, there are forward control extensions you can put on.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 06:13 AM

Garage
My nephew is 65 and 280lbs. He sat on my 950t and was comfortable, he rides a Honda 750 which looks small for him and hes cramped. He wants a 950t now and will be looking around for one. Like Bevo said, you can get forward extensions for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 06:35 PM

Garage
Almost 30K miles on my 950T now and can't really tell much difference when my wife is with me and when she's not. If he sits on it and is not cramped he should be fine. I'm only 6' but have no issues with room.
Keith Post likes this.

You're never really lost on a bike. You're just riding somewhere you haven't ridden before.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The bike he was looking at sold. There are a few more that are local we are going to look at within the next few days. His wife has given the blessing for a bike but he can't bring it home or ride it before he takes a safety class. So if he buy one before he goes it will come to my house per wife's directions. Here's the catch, he is one of my management, and I write his schedule. So, I might not be able to give him off for a while to take the class so I can keep his bike for a while. 😀 I told him this and thought he was going to strangle me. I told him if he's on good behavior I'll see what I can work out, he's been the picture perfect employee since then.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode