FOR SALE 2004 V-Star 650 Custom ($3200) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation FOR SALE 2004 V-Star 650 Custom ($3200)

2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom. The bike is in excellent condition with 5500 miles and been garage kept. Again, this bike is one of a kind and priced to sell. It is located in Clemson, SC and can be seen upon request. Best means for reply are by email. $3,200.

Best Regards,
Jake

[email protected]
803-920-9054
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 PM

Sellin stuff

Since it's already posted, hope you get it sold.

Ride Safe, Live Long

Last edited by Sugar Bear; 12-25-2009 at 06:08 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 03:00 PM

thanks for the info fellow's the problem i see is that the stator coil is showing 000 should be 0.50 and the pickup is in range so what is the best option, should i replace both or just the stator or do they come together when u get purchase one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Meter range

Henry,
Your post here sort of came from nowhere. Is it from another topic? I am guessing you used a digital Ohm meter to check your stator coil. Be sure you are on the right meter range. To check a half Ohm (0.50) of resistance you would need a range of 2 Ohms or less full scale. You would need to short the leads together to read the resistance of the leads and adjust your reading by the error of lead resistance. 0.50 Ohms is a very low amount of resistance. Hard to read. Steer me back to the original topic.

Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
Henry,
Your post here sort of came from nowhere. Is it from another topic? I am guessing you used a digital Ohm meter to check your stator coil. Be sure you are on the right meter range. To check a half Ohm (0.50) of resistance you would need a range of 2 Ohms or less full scale. You would need to short the leads together to read the resistance of the leads and adjust your reading by the error of lead resistance. 0.50 Ohms is a very low amount of resistance. Hard to read. Steer me back to the original topic.

Dave
Dave, sorta lost on that one too, like to read more on it. I couldn't seem to find the thread it come from , maybe I didn't look at the right place, don't know.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Henery j,
I see your post from December. You still have no spark. Suggest you start a new topic, see if anyone can help you. Try to gove us all the info.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode