Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Light BAR HELP

4K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Redbird58 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 v star 1300 XVS13aer with a Yamaha detachable windshield. I want to add a passing/running light bar. Cobra, Show Chrome, & National Cycle say their units will not fit because of the aftermarket windshield . OEM Passing Lamp Mounts are not available for the OEM Passing Lamp bar.

Anyone out there have a light bar on a v star 1300 XVS with a windshield or a recommendation for me?

#4 ·
Did you try this part number? 3D8-H54B0-T0-00

by Yamaha From Partzilla.
or this one. STR-4NK35-10-00 PASS LAMPS, SEALED B

That's what I have on My '14 1300 Tourer.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure everything you need is included.

Reactions: Keith Post
#18 ·
Desktop PM.

Mobile PM.

Reactions: Keith Post
#19 ·
So I found an old board that I didn't want to resurrect (it's from 2015 or so) relating to the Yamaha passing light bar for the 950. It's a discontinued item, but I happened to luck on a dealer that has one and they sold it to me for $160 (score!) as they'd had it for 79 months. Now the bad news. Previous owner of my bike opted to put on one of the $39.99 Amazon light bars/turn signals, and I don't have the factory turn signals anymore. I know I need to get the flasher assemblies for both left & right, but do I need the mount in the middle, or does that go away with the light bar and the mount it comes with?

#25 ·
The passing lamps are adjustable by loosening the nut underneath and you can aim them however you like. I believe it is a 14 mil wrench that is needed. Be careful not to hit the wires. If it is your headlamp, that also is adjustable with the 2 screws in the headlight bucket. What I did with mine was stand the bike up as straight as possible, then play around with the screws until I had it where I thought it was good. Took it for a ride in the evening and made adjustments from there. A static adjustment will get you in the ballpark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.