1100 Custom - Floorboards/Engine Guard Question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

1100 Custom - Floorboards/Engine Guard Question

I have added Yamaha rider floorboards (#STR-5EL57-10-00) to my '08 1100 Midnight Custom, and planning to buy Yamaha Big Bar Engine Guards (#STR-5KS31-20-00). Will these floorboards be in the way so that I cannot mount the engine guards?

If the Yamaha Big Bars will not fit with the floorboards, will other engine guards (Cobra, Barons, Lindby, etc.) fit better with the Yamaha rider floorboards?

If anyone has any pictures of this setup and can post them or point me to them, it would be appreciated.

Steve
'08 V Star 1100 Midnight Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 10:09 AM

I have the factory floor baords and Yamaha big engine gaurd on my silverado plenty of room. I also have the covers on the guards for the winter (helps to keeep the water off my boots). I would post a picture but everyone would be able to see how dirty my bike is. Oh and I am not sure of how to post a picture.
Hope this helps.
Ride safe
Doug
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM

I have the same setup on my '04 Custom. No problems & I love the floorboards. You can move around a little more than with pegs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

DMTJOY & Shank - you both have the factory floorboards as I do and both installed the Yamaha Big Bars, which is also my plan. Since neither of you have any clearance problems, I guess my question is answered. I can now go and buy the Big Bars and complete this little project.

Were the Big Bars an "easy" installation?

Thanks....

Steve
'08 V Star 1100 Midnight Custom
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 05:19 PM

they took me about 20 minutes in the parking lot at my marina where I live. I also installed hiway pegs for a more comfortable ride on the long hauls.
Have fun
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode