Maiden voyage on the new V-Star - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Maiden voyage on the new V-Star

Finally.....after the new 650 classic sat in the garage for a day and a half after trailering it home, I got to get it out on the road. Boy was i Surprised at this machine. What a fine and smooth ride this thing is! I had a 2003 Honda shadow ace deluxe up until this last summer and I thought it was smooth, nothing compared to this. I was able to get about 50 miles on it this afternoon heading down the curvy road to my brothers house and back up again. I will have to say it was hard not to romp on the throttle and keep it in check during the initial break in, but i know it will pay off in the long run. But so far I am soooo happy with the change to Yamaha and leave Honda. It makes me wonder why I haven't before now. Now to get it ready for the run to work tomorrow and show it off......Now just waiting for the first 70+ degree day to hit the hills

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Glad to hear you like your new bike.
Doug
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 PM

Very cool! Congrats on the new bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk20rockeye View Post
Now just waiting for the first 70+ degree day to hit the hills
why wait? only sub-40 degrees keeps me off my bike. i use a fleece mask that covers the lower half of my face and neck and i'm good.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
why wait? only sub-40 degrees keeps me off my bike. i use a fleece mask that covers the lower half of my face and neck and i'm good.
OH.....there hasn't been any waiting. The last couple of morning to work have been 37ish or so. It starts to hurt about 20 minites into the ride. I just can't wait for the 70+ days so I can strip the thermals and just have the jacket and helmet on.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM

I hear ya mk20, when I lived in Central Calif, I would ride out in the fog in the high 30's low 40's some days... very, very cold... but worth it ;-). That was on a Kawi Vulcan 900. Funny thing was, I got colder when I got off the bike.

I just recently bought a V-Star 1300, and have yet to see a day in the 70's here in So Cal when I've been able to ride, but I have some 750+ miles on her anyway :-)

Albert - 09 V-Star 1300 Tourer
www.imagesbyberto.com
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 04:48 PM

For those cold dry days is why God invented heated clothing. Love that stuff. It allows me to ride 300 days a year, the other 65 I am either sailing, to lazy to ride or heaven forbid there is snow on the ground.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:13 PM

i ride at 40, use thermal and heated gloves, dont have heated suit though. i enjoy it. i cant say it is comfortable, i dont like the fogging, but last i went out and used fogtech on the lens it helped. i do need to find a mask that may work inside my modular full helmet, what is a good mask to use. i agree its fun to ride most anytime, i have had to stop though recently too cold, windy , and snow and ice everywhere.

have fun, ride safely
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTJOY View Post
For those cold dry days is why God invented heated clothing. Love that stuff. It allows me to ride 300 days a year, the other 65 I am either sailing, to lazy to ride or heaven forbid there is snow on the ground.
Hi Doug, there many of us should be so lucky! Many of us are tied up with beaucoup(sp) snow, ice, supercold temps, Really happy a rider is able to ride. Sugar Bear is a little jealous

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:20 AM

Sugar Bear,
Don't be jealous. I am usually going to work, err I mean my place of employment. The only place I have time to spend on this site.
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode