Rebuilding Stock Seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Rebuilding Stock Seat

Hi All,

I ride a 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100. The seat does not bother me; but my wife complains about it.

Ran across this website and wanted to see if anyone has done this to their bike seat?

http://geezerglide.auto.officelive.com/default.aspx

We have 20" of snow on the ground so I have some time to do it. Any thoughts or experiences would be helpful.

Ride Free Live United
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 PM

call this guy, he is the HD guy.

we paid $300 for my wifes seat to be redone, and it was worth it.

Mean City Cycles Custom Seat Modifications :: Motorcycle Seat ...
This single temperature motorcycle seat heater kit has a bi-metal ... 2004 - 2010 Mean City Cycles All rights reserved. 1 866-550-SEAT Maiden, NC ...
http://www.meancitycycles.com/motorc...ifications.php - Cached - Similar
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Rebuilding Stock Seat

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 09:43 AM

I bought one from Woodco. should be here on Wed.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 AM

I agree with 04ctd---Mean City Cycles ---

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I learned about him from several Honda VTX forums I am a member on, he is really popular with them. He is not only the HD guy, he is the VTX guy too! Since I have a Mustang on my VTX, I am going to have the seat on my 07 V-Star 1100 done by him in a few weeks. You can call them and talk to them, they are really easy to work with and will not try to oversell you. I was looking at a more expensive option for my seat, but after talking to him, he was up-front and honest, telling me with my size and when I was looking for, the cheaper alternative was the best for me.

One down side is his popularity, you do have to schedule your mod appointment in advance, but I have heard nothing but good things about his work and business practices from the VTX folks.

Last edited by foothillrider; 02-16-2010 at 12:58 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Dazeys-Please keep us posted on how it looks.

Foothillrider-Thank you!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM

i also plan to have my driver and passenger seats rebuilt with the foam, i have a 2000 vstar 1100 custom with stock seats. i eventually want to add a driver backrest some time in future
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothillrider View Post
I agree with 04ctd---Mean City Cycles ---

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

I learned about him from several Honda VTX forums I am a member on, he is really popular with them. He is not only the HD guy, he is the VTX guy too! Since I have a Mustang on my VTX, I am going to have the seat on my 07 V-Star 1100 done by him in a few weeks. You can call them and talk to them, they are really easy to work with and will not try to oversell you. I was looking at a more expensive option for my seat, but after talking to him, he was up-front and honest, telling me with my size and when I was looking for, the cheaper alternative was the best for me.

One down side is his popularity, you do have to schedule your mod appointment in advance, but I have heard nothing but good things about his work and business practices from the VTX folks.
I guess I'll be the 1st to say my seat was just as bad when I got it back as when I sent it in.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 342lx View Post
I guess I'll be the 1st to say my seat was just as bad when I got it back as when I sent it in.
Wow, I am sorry to hear that, and your comments are appreciated! I'll let everyone know how mine turns out once I get it back in mid-march.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 PM

Seating

Quote:
Originally Posted by 342lx View Post
Thanks for your report and honesty,glad you said so. Many, if not most, things are not as they appear.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode