Rear fender luggage rack - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Rear fender luggage rack

Looking at replacing my passenger with a fender rack.
Any directions and/or photo's will be appreciated.
My ride is a 950
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 PM

Solo seat rack

Kiroo,

Here is one.

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruise...140&search2=Go

I could not get Starmotorcycle.com but I believe there is one there.
Finally got it.
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/.../0/detail.aspx

Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

i put one on my 950. found it on ebay for about $140 because it had just become available at the time. get the one made by yamaha. taking off the passenger seat and adding the luggage rack took a total of 20-30 minutes. i recommend a ratchet wrench for the job. you have to get up under the fender for part of this. the toughest part was getting the bracket off that is between the driver and passenger seat. instructions are pretty straightforward. comes with some spacers that take a little tinkering with to make sure you're putting the correct spacer on the correct side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
Kiroo,

Here is one.

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruise...140&search2=Go

I could not get Starmotorcycle.com but I believe there is one there.
Finally got it.
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/.../0/detail.aspx

Dave
Thanks Dave
The one from starmotorcycles is kinda what I'm looking for,but will it actually fit my bike or would I have do some mods.
Over here the parts pirates aren't that smart & we have pay for stuff regardless if it fits or not,no return policy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
i put one on my 950. found it on ebay for about $140 because it had just become available at the time. get the one made by yamaha. taking off the passenger seat and adding the luggage rack took a total of 20-30 minutes. i recommend a ratchet wrench for the job. you have to get up under the fender for part of this. the toughest part was getting the bracket off that is between the driver and passenger seat. instructions are pretty straightforward. comes with some spacers that take a little tinkering with to make sure you're putting the correct spacer on the correct side.
Thanks Bevo
But the one the parts pirates have avaliable from yamaha isn't what I'm really looking for,looking for a more custom look simular to the one on the star motorcycle website,thanks I'll keep looking
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Star rack

Kiroo,

I can't really tell you that for sure but, my experience with Yamaha accessories has been they bolt right on. You might want to ask though. The four mounting holes don't look familiar. you might remove your seat and compare what you see. Maybe in the mean time someone will come along that has installed one. The add does not say anything about needing more hardware, as I have seen on some options. I did look at the online parts manual, hard to be sure but it looks like four holes in the fender.

Dave
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I know what you mean Dave,I've done the same.
What's confusing for me are the four holes in the fender set out the same on every model or are they different.
The parts pirates over here have know idea what they're talking about & without taking seats off different models how can you compare,I've also sent emails to a number of parts distributors with no response,hense asking members for help.
But thanks Dave,you always give me something to think about
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

am i talking to myself here? the rack i installed IS THE SAME ONE FOUND ON THE YAMAHA WEBSITE. this thing right here: http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/.../0/detail.aspx

found it on ebay cheaper than buying it from yamaha. you don't have to do any mods. it fits perfectly in the holes left by the removal of your passenger seat because Yamaha made the fender, the seat, and the rack. they know where the holes are. the rack doesn't bolt on, you have to screw it on with an allen wrench like most of the things on the bike. the whole process is pretty straightforward.

behold pics of my actual fender + rack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode