VStar 1100 Oil Filter Relocation Kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Question VStar 1100 Oil Filter Relocation Kit

I am seriously considering installing the filter relocation kit on my "08" 1100. I am however, concerned about possible warranty issues with this "engine modification". Questions to both Yamaha and Jardine customer service have been very uninsuring. Any Insight?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:44 PM

If you don't ride it a lot, I wouldn't worry about spending the money on it. If you do ride a lot your warranty will run out in a few months anyway. I put 30k miles, 4 tires, 1 front set and 2 rear sets of those ridiculously small brakes, (and working on a new clutch) on my 08 just last summer
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Ork

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA Biker View Post
I am seriously considering installing the filter relocation kit on my "08" 1100. I am however, concerned about possible warranty issues with this "engine modification". Questions to both Yamaha and Jardine customer service have been very uninsuring. Any Insight?
I put a Barons ork on my 1100 and am very happy with it, there is a lot of info and good reading on sloneservices.com on the ork issue. They talk like it has a lot to do with the ins dia of your lines, if you are really interested, check it out, good luck.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:27 PM

I have 2 words. Do It.I installed the Jardine kit sure makes oil changes easy, less messy and cheaper. You can go to your local auto parts store for the filter about 2/3rds the price of a motorcycle shop.
Doug

Doug

Live to Ride, Ride to Live, Work to support Life
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Thanks for the good info

Thanks Suger Bear that link is VERY informative and answered questions I never thought of. I have the Yamaha extended warranty and and am still interested if any one has had warranty claim issues because of an installed ORK. DMTJOY: read the info on the recommended link sloneservices.com it might change your thinking. The part about 1/8" ID lines made alot of sense!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMA Biker View Post
Thanks Suger Bear that link is VERY informative and answered questions I never thought of. I have the Yamaha extended warranty and and am still interested if any one has had warranty claim issues because of an installed ORK. DMTJOY: read the info on the recommended link sloneservices.com it might change your thinking. The part about 1/8" ID lines made alot of sense!
Really don't know about the warranty issue, I had my ork on for awhile and then made a run from SO IN to west CO last summer it was a total 3000+ pretty hard running overall, and still not a problem of any kind, I do believe you will be pretty happy with it,as Doug said, easy less messy, and back on the road. As a side note, if you do your own work, it's a snap to install.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 AM
Ray

I installed a Barons ork on my bike at the 5000k service. I have just done the 20000k service and no problems. It makes oil changes a breeze.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 10:29 AM

Installing an ork doesn't affect the warranty anyhow, Baron's worked with Yamaha in designing their ork. The benefits of installing it far out weigh any head-aches you would have down the road any how. As many oil changes as I do on my own bike as well as customers bikes, I'd be lost without the ork's!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM

When I purchased my bike in April of this year it came with the Barons ORK. Since then I changed my oil twice using a Yamaha spin on type oil filter. I think they work great and the dealer here always have them in stock. I also find that Yamalube 20/50 oil realy helps quiet down the valve noise that every one complains about.

02 Vstar 1100 classic
Samson Warloard Ripsaws
chubby pod kit/maxair pms screws
barons ork
kuryakyn isso grips
breakaway cruise cont.
driver backrest
barons DT risers
barons tackometer
oem passing lights
crome visors on all lights & signals
drag highway pegs
viking studded bags
sissy bar with rack
studded front and rear seats
studded gas tank bib with pouch
clocks for bikes- stem mount
Ram mount& hard wire for GARMIN GPS
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 12:46 PM

I acquired my '05 a short time ago. Immediately I changed the oil, (always-don't trust POs). And...immediately after the first oil change installed a Baron's relocation kit. Installation was a breeze, took longer to reinstall the front header pipe than the kit. My oil and filter change time has been reduced to about 15 minutes. Yamaha should do this themselves and increase the price of the bike by a couple hundred dollars. The ork makes life easier, oil changes shorter so you can do some really fun stuff.

Old Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode