Jetting - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Jetting

I have an 09 v star custom 1100 and i put some new pipes on it last weekend. They are the black roadburner pipes. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on jetting that i need to change. I run at 1650ft elevation and average temp is about 20 celcius. Any input would be appreciated.

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Jetting

Woodtica,

I believe if exhaust is all you changed many feel jetting is not necessary, others disagree. Check the plugs for color, white would be an indication of being too lean. There is also a choke test. Pull the chock half way out if the bike runs better it is lean. Worse then you would be to rich, not likely.

Here is an article on jetting. If you change air flow you will definitely need to re-jet the bike.
http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverB....htm#Jet-Instr
Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 PM

Jetting

Last year I installed Cobra Long shots on my 07 vstar, took some advise from some ol schoolers and rode it first.. If you notice a problem then consider, but also Dave is also right. If your running to lean you could burn up a piston...,,, i thought that the vstars went to fuel injection in 08 may need to check that also... if so you may need to change the 02 sensor. and thats alot of fun cause you may need to change the programming in the computer also... have fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:42 PM

Having to rejet will also depend greatly on elevation. At sealevel running lean is an issue, at 5000 ft running lean is not an issue. At your elevation ride the bike and see if it feels slightly sluggish this will indicate a lean condition. You don't mention if your pipes have baffles or not. Straight pipes (no baffles) will cause a leaner condition than baffled pipes.
I hope this helps
Doug

Doug

Live to Ride, Ride to Live, Work to support Life
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

I have the baffles in, but they are not much of a baffle like a perforated tube on the inside of the pipe, i can still see straight through the pipe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode