inspection plate location - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
inspection plate location

helo everyone. i am currently in afghanistan with the us army. my wife has surprised me with a 2005 v-star 1100 classic. she is a beauty with only 1400 miles on her. my question is this: we in the military have a post sticker that we have to display on our bikes. it is similar to a state inspection sticker but is shorter and longer. where is the best place to put the sticker plate and which one is recommended, a straight or bent plate?

thanks for any advice.

viper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 05:11 PM

I was in the USAF quite a few yrs ago and remember they were pretty particular as to where and how it was placed. I would have your wife check with the MPs or whatever body does your vehicle registration for the base and go from there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 05:15 PM

I see most of the base stickers on the left fork tube. Congrats on the new bike and thanks for serving.

Doug

Live to Ride, Ride to Live, Work to support Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 AM

get the bent plate, I too work for the ARMY and have the same deal. I don't want stickers on my fork tubes, so I bought the straight plate, then realized thet the bent was a better option to be able to get a good location. I've got a windshield on mine so I used the bracket screws to neatly tuck it behind my windshield on the inside just to the left of my headlight (clutch side)...

2007 Stratoliner Midnight

Proud to have Served with America's Soldiers!
Always Remember 9/11/01
"The Cost of Freedom Just Went Up"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 AM

Viper,
I just returned from Afghanistan myself, in Nov '09. Take care of yourself. That is an awesome gift! Take your time when you get back.

I have the same deal, as I work on a military base now and I put my base sticker on my left fork, just behind my windshield. I have concerns about the effect of weather on it, but so far so good. I figured the windshield would allow some protection for the sticker. If it comes off, I'll get another one.

Viper, If you need anything sent to you or you know somebody who doesn't get packages, PM me and I'll ship you some stuff. I loved getting packages when I was over there...

Stephen

"More sweat = Less blood"

2009 Yamaha 950T Black with Buck's Lowers
Sissy Bar removed/rack added
Rush slip-on
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Where is your home posrt? I am outside Ft Lewis and I have my sticker on a aluminum plate attached to my boulevard shield.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode