What can I do to increase power on 2009 650 Classic? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

What can I do to increase power on 2009 650 Classic?

Is there anything I can do to boost the performance/power? It sorta drags when I go up any kind of hill. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 PM

Well, I'm sure you can do a lot, but as a thought remember you are runnin a 650,there is just so much there to be had, if mods don't get you to where you want to be, consider going to a bigger bike.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Open it up

It is my understanding you can gain about 10% by something like Max air kit and streight through exhaust. Which then means you re-jet the carbs.

Read around some of the old posts. Lots of info on the subject.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:19 AM

I'm running a hypercharger with a Max Air kit, and aftermarket pipes. when we did the dyno test prior I was at 41 HP and 38 FP of torque. After the install of both I maxed out at 52HP on the third run and 42 Fp torque midstream run. Not too bad if you ask me...but the real key is to make sure you have the jetting dead on. We played around with it and I think we finally have it right on! Is it a rocket? no...did it add that extra umph that I wanted? yes....seems like my bike is no longer starving for that
6th gear, maybe it's just me.

2007 Stratoliner Midnight

Proud to have Served with America's Soldiers!
Always Remember 9/11/01
"The Cost of Freedom Just Went Up"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, all, for the good ideas. I'll do some research about that re-jetting and max air kit.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:27 AM

I've had my 09 Classic 650 for a year now and since i am very happy with her, I decided to spend the money for mods and accessories . I got V & H Cruzer pipes, re-jetted and put in a K & N Filter. I am very well pleased with the performance... and the sound, now I know other drivers can hear me .
Not sure if you down shift in order to get a surge for more power, but I would not discount that as on option. The 650 has a great engine and it can handle a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode