Blinker Issue - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Blinker Issue

Finally got to take her out for a run yesterday, my boss gave me part of the afternoon off just to go play for a while. I had an issue while running the left blinker (as you are sitting on the bike). It was blinking fast and I remembered the front blinker was rusted inside - somehow it had gotten water in it. When I got home I opened it up and it was rusty - after some time of coaxing I was able to get the bulb out without breaking it and tried it in the blinker socket on the right and it worked fine. I scraped and used emory cloth but just couldn't get it to work properly. I got it to blink properly but it won't stay illuminated with the key on. So I wiggled it and it would work - seemed to be where it attached to the bar not at the bulb. Since this is a 2003 Vstar 650 Classic it has a crimp bolt with a rubber bushing inside it. I took the bolt all the way off but just couldn't get the light to come off - it is just so tight on the rubber bushing. Any ideas on how to get this off to check the connections without breaking it? Does it twist off or pull straight out - it looks like it should just pull straight out.

Corey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:20 AM

I replaced the whole light bar and signal light assembly on my mums 650 vstar do to damage in here accident. If memory serves me right it was not all that expensive.

But i just cant recal how i took it apart. I think it as just pulled rigth out as it was held on by a pinch bolt. But i do know all your wireing is run up inside your headlight bucket thats were all the connections are. As for the socket being rusty well offen your better off replacing it as the metal for those things is so thin an if ya dont have the contact springing back freely its not gona work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM

hit it with some PB Blaster and let it sit for an hour, then SLOWLY rock it back & forth to slip it out.

2007 Stratoliner Midnight

Proud to have Served with America's Soldiers!
Always Remember 9/11/01
"The Cost of Freedom Just Went Up"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks - will keep working on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode