hyper charger for v-star 1100 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

hyper charger for v-star 1100

hey guys thinkin of putting a hyper charger on my v-star 1100 ...i know it comes with jet kit to rejett carb ..any one know how much bigger these jetts are from stock ?....was wondering if putting a KnN filter in the stock air cleaner box and i have seen where u can drill 3 holes on the front of the stock air cleaner box and put sum mesh there just like a ram air affect have the same performance affect as a hyper charger?..and i am assuming u would have to rejett also in this case....may not look as nice as a hyper charger ..lol...do u really feel a differnce in performance with a hyper charger?...thanks guys...link to ram air mod.....http://vstar.brazilmission.net/

Last edited by sledman; 04-25-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Hypercharger kit

This kit comes with jets. Don't know the size. May very with exhaust. I believe you need to also open up exhaust to get the most out of it.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...id_name=detail

Dave
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 04:58 PM

Only problem with the Hypercharger or drilling holes in the stock air cleaner is you are still straddled with the power robbing stock air box. A couple k&n cone fliters and rejetting will do a lot more for power and mileage. There are several threads here discussing this same topic. I have the Maxair kit and am sold on it.
http://www.maxairengineering.com/mm5...Code=MK-YVS1-P

Doug

Live to Ride, Ride to Live, Work to support Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 09:19 PM

I have 2000 vstar 1100 custom. the cycle shop didnt want to add my cobra slip on exhaust withou changing the air/fuel ratio to work with the exhaust changes. so i had them install a barons big air kit that has KN filter and a jet kit that should balance the air/fuel with the new air and exhaust arrangment, hope it works. I went with barons because the hypercharger sticks out against my leg and can be uncomfortable. hope you get what you like. ride safe and have fun.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

i think ima go with the max air kit
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 02:35 PM

Here's a link that discusses all the air mods.

http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverB...0Intake%20Mods
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys!!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Check out maxairengineering.com I went with them and the power increase is awesome.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:56 PM

Hey Sledman, if you put on a hypercharger you really won't see that much performance unless your free up the exhaust with a new system or some slip on modifications. I would suggest you wait untill you do both then have the rejetting done. if you do them seperate, you will have to rejet the carbs each time. I don't have a hypercharger but I wish I had put one on when I did the exhaust on my 1100. So now its going to cost extra to put on a hypercharger for me. So take my advice, wait till you can afford to do both at the same time.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM
SSC

I'd stay away from the hyper charger I had one on my FXDG. With the right carb like the edelcrap that could meter fuel on the fly it was fine but when I got tired on droping fuel rods and getting stuck on the side of the road and went S&S. I nor the best bike mechanic in town could find a happy spot for it to live without the butterflies dang near closed or wide open.

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode