Tsukayu Hard Saddlebags??? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Kiwi74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 21
Tsukayu Hard Saddlebags???

I just purchased the Tsukayu Coner Hard Saddlebags for my 650 custom. I have gone onto other forums and some say the bags vibrate a little and they had to use larger washers when installing it on the z brackets. But all of the posts I read said the fiberglass holds up well and doesnt split.

I wanted to know if anyone has installed these bags on their v star and if I need to worry about vibration once it is installed. Also any tips on a really good installation would be helpful.

http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm


Thanks!

Kiwi74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi74 View Post
I just purchased the Tsukayu Coner Hard Saddlebags for my 650 custom. I have gone onto other forums and some say the bags vibrate a little and they had to use larger washers when installing it on the z brackets. But all of the posts I read said the fiberglass holds up well and doesnt split.

I wanted to know if anyone has installed these bags on their v star and if I need to worry about vibration once it is installed. Also any tips on a really good installation would be helpful.

http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm


Thanks!
Not a Vstar, but the Triumph America and Speedmaster guys like them, and have done some nice write ups.

http://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
frijoli is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
linerdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: N. E. Ohio
Posts: 1,531
Washers

I wonder if some rubber washers would help?

Dave
linerdave is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Kiwi74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 21
Frijoli,
Thanks for the thread. I see they really do like their bags.

Dave,
I never thought about rubber washers. Will probably be the best for vibration. I will keep you posted when I install them.

Kiwi74 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi74 View Post
Frijoli,
Thanks for the thread. I see they really do like their bags.

Dave,
I never thought about rubber washers. Will probably be the best for vibration. I will keep you posted when I install them.
Rubber is a good idea, just make sure you use the largest flange which is reasonable, to spread out the load.
frijoli is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 29
Just installed a set and I too tried the rubber washer/ spacers. BAD IDEA...they allowed too much movement/ vibration. Went to a 1 inch chrome spacer and they worked great for the bracket to bike. I added a small 1/4 inch nylon spacer between the bag and bracket. No vibration. Very happy with these bags. great company to deal with too. I had my bags in 7 days despite the warning they may take longer.
itstime is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Kiwi74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Posts: 21
Itstime,

Thank you for the good advice.
i will try the chrome spacers. Did you use the supplied brackets or quick release easy brackets? I have some easy brackets but I think I will go with the supplied brackets. I think easy brackets sit out too far. If you used the supplied brackets was the installation fairly easy?

Kiwi74 is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi74 View Post
Itstime,

Thank you for the good advice.
i will try the chrome spacers. Did you use the supplied brackets or quick release easy brackets? I have some easy brackets but I think I will go with the supplied brackets. I think easy brackets sit out too far. If you used the supplied brackets was the installation fairly easy?
Let me know if you want to part with the easy brackets. I need a set.

Clay
frijoli is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome