Tsukayu Hard Saddlebags??? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2010, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Tsukayu Hard Saddlebags???

I just purchased the Tsukayu Coner Hard Saddlebags for my 650 custom. I have gone onto other forums and some say the bags vibrate a little and they had to use larger washers when installing it on the z brackets. But all of the posts I read said the fiberglass holds up well and doesnt split.

I wanted to know if anyone has installed these bags on their v star and if I need to worry about vibration once it is installed. Also any tips on a really good installation would be helpful.

http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi74 View Post
I just purchased the Tsukayu Coner Hard Saddlebags for my 650 custom. I have gone onto other forums and some say the bags vibrate a little and they had to use larger washers when installing it on the z brackets. But all of the posts I read said the fiberglass holds up well and doesnt split.

I wanted to know if anyone has installed these bags on their v star and if I need to worry about vibration once it is installed. Also any tips on a really good installation would be helpful.

http://www.tsukayu.com/Coner.htm

Thanks!
Not a Vstar, but the Triumph America and Speedmaster guys like them, and have done some nice write ups.

http://www.bonnevilleamerica.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM

Washers

I wonder if some rubber washers would help?

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Frijoli,
Thanks for the thread. I see they really do like their bags.

Dave,
I never thought about rubber washers. Will probably be the best for vibration. I will keep you posted when I install them.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Frijoli,
Thanks for the thread. I see they really do like their bags.

Dave,
I never thought about rubber washers. Will probably be the best for vibration. I will keep you posted when I install them.
Rubber is a good idea, just make sure you use the largest flange which is reasonable, to spread out the load.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Just installed a set and I too tried the rubber washer/ spacers. BAD IDEA...they allowed too much movement/ vibration. Went to a 1 inch chrome spacer and they worked great for the bracket to bike. I added a small 1/4 inch nylon spacer between the bag and bracket. No vibration. Very happy with these bags. great company to deal with too. I had my bags in 7 days despite the warning they may take longer.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Itstime,

Thank you for the good advice.
i will try the chrome spacers. Did you use the supplied brackets or quick release easy brackets? I have some easy brackets but I think I will go with the supplied brackets. I think easy brackets sit out too far. If you used the supplied brackets was the installation fairly easy?

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Itstime,

Thank you for the good advice.
i will try the chrome spacers. Did you use the supplied brackets or quick release easy brackets? I have some easy brackets but I think I will go with the supplied brackets. I think easy brackets sit out too far. If you used the supplied brackets was the installation fairly easy?
Let me know if you want to part with the easy brackets. I need a set.

Clay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode