Wanting more chrome - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Wanting more chrome

I have a 2005 V Star 1100 Custom, I have added several things to the bike, Switchblade windsheild, Lindby crashbar, Cobra Dragster pipes, Dynojet kit, Studded Saddlebags, Forkbag over back fender, Driver backrest, and set of Studded Windsheild bags. She is a sweet ride, but I was wondering if anybody has a Classic the same year. On the Classic I was wanting to know if air cleaner cover(big round cover on right side) and the carb cover (little black cover on left side) are chrome. I have direct access to parts and if they are chrome pieces I want to order them. With all the black on my custom I just would like to have those two parts chrome to do some more accenting. Can anybody with a Classic help me out with some info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Chrome

Have you checked yamaha's accessories.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...8/all/all.aspx

Dave
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterrm View Post
I have a 2005 V Star 1100 Custom, I have added several things to the bike, Switchblade windsheild, Lindby crashbar, Cobra Dragster pipes, Dynojet kit, Studded Saddlebags, Forkbag over back fender, Driver backrest, and set of Studded Windsheild bags. She is a sweet ride, but I was wondering if anybody has a Classic the same year. On the Classic I was wanting to know if air cleaner cover(big round cover on right side) and the carb cover (little black cover on left side) are chrome. I have direct access to parts and if they are chrome pieces I want to order them. With all the black on my custom I just would like to have those two parts chrome to do some more accenting. Can anybody with a Classic help me out with some info.
I have an 06 Classic (Silverado) I ordered a crome air filter cover with the eagle and "live to ride" logo , the orginal was crome, but plain. As for the carb cover, mine is cromed plastic, they may have a fancy name for it, but it is still plastic. Got the air cover from JC Whitney, could save you some bucks over Yamaha. Ride Safe.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Found them at Cruiser Customizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear 06 View Post
I have an 06 Classic (Silverado) I ordered a crome air filter cover with the eagle and "live to ride" logo , the orginal was crome, but plain. As for the carb cover, mine is cromed plastic, they may have a fancy name for it, but it is still plastic. Got the air cover from JC Whitney, could save you some bucks over Yamaha. Ride Safe.
I got one with the eagle and "live to ride" logo also and the carb cover. They were kinda pricey, but I am sure I won't regret it once they are on the bike.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

I looked there too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
Have you checked yamaha's accessories.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/...8/all/all.aspx

Dave
I know that they would be original from yamaha, but gees they are like gold to them. I got them at a aftermarket site for about 100 bucks cheaper.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 03:34 PM

LOL Be careful what you ask for! I just put a Pro-One riser-tach flat chrome not the ball milled version. Nearly had an incident today when my eyes got smoked by the intense reflection of the sun off of it. Didn't get the pullback risers just got the tach n riser cover. Had the pullback risers installed but couldn't get my windscreen on. Gonna have to hit Tim B. up at Metric Magic for risers with more pullback.

GW
2005 1100 Custom
Speedster Slashdowns
ORKed 5/16" Lines
PODs K&N RU-600s W/PCV
PCS XXX/2 cams
Jetted & PMS Tweaked 20.0/152.5 3.0 turns
AIS Removed/Plugged
Wimmer Machine Custom Oil Cooler & Stash Tube
Pro-1 Tach
Dyna 3000 Step 5/ 6500 redline
TPS Connected
6" Fwd Control Extension W/Boards F&R
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
Progressive 465 rear
Progressive Springs and GVE front

10,000 Monkeys throwing crap at the glass and this one thinks he's Picasso...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

hahahaha, I blacked out the windsheild!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulltilt1 View Post
LOL Be careful what you ask for! I just put a Pro-One riser-tach flat chrome not the ball milled version. Nearly had an incident today when my eyes got smoked by the intense reflection of the sun off of it. Didn't get the pullback risers just got the tach n riser cover. Had the pullback risers installed but couldn't get my windscreen on. Gonna have to hit Tim B. up at Metric Magic for risers with more pullback.
I blacked out the windsheild below the windsheild bags the other day because of what you wrote about the reflection and glare from the chrome. All of my glares and reflection are gone. I have just got the chrome carb cover and the chrome air cleaner cover should be here in next few days. I am thinking it won't be a problem either.
Bob aka busterrm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode