Easy VStar 950 Rear Running/Brake light kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Easy VStar 950 Rear Running/Brake light kit

For anyone interested in an easy turn signal conversion kit, I just installed one this past weekend and it was very simple (even for a novice like me). This one does not have the "flashing" capabilities, but it does the job. I researched several, and they ranged in features and price, but I didn't want to change the stock turn signal lenses as some required. I finally decided on the Turn Signal Conversion Kit p/n 01315 made by The Electrial Connection. For under $50.00 online, it was a great price, and came with good instructions. The l.e.d.'s burn red, so you don't have to change out your lenses, and you can't even tell you added them until you turn the key, and now have RED running lights inside the rear turn signal housing. They do not interfere with the turn signals, and shine bright red when you apply the brakes. I would recommend them to anyone. Note: If you install, do not silicone the l.e.d.'s directly to the clear lense as directed on the instructions (looks like crap). I attached them to the rear base of the housing instead...Now the bike looks better from behind with the new l.e.d. running lights, and really brightens up the rear when brakes are applied. We need all the help we can get to be seen out there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Could you post some pictures, and a link to where you ordered this system? Thanks.

Perry461
2009 V-Star 950 Tourer
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry461 View Post
Could you post some pictures, and a link to where you ordered this system? Thanks.
Yes, I'm interested too. I'd like to do this to my 650.

'02 V Star 650 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Garage
Would love to see the pics
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I took so long, was in the Lone Star state on business. Here is one of the sites where you can purchase. "http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?action=detail&model_ID=0&Category_ID=5& manufacturer_ID=223&product_ID=6421&sblid_name=det ail". If you look at the link to the review by Roadbike Magazine, it has pictures and installation instructions. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode