What are the best pipes out there? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

What are the best pipes out there?

I want it to sound good not just loud. Loud enough to let drivers know i'm on the road but not annoyingly wake up the block hear me coming 2 miles away loud ya know?

Does anyone know where i could hear this exhaust online, i kno the cobra webpage lets you hear it but they don't have their stock numbers to go along with the sound. The guy at the dealership picked this one out "1810-0539" (cobra exhaust).

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 03:33 PM

I previously had Cobra Slashcuts on my 2008 V Star 1100 and got lots of compliments from the pipe lovers. I have since changed to a 2 in 1 HD Pipe from Cobra and now it has a low end growl that fools many, as to what my bike even is.

I really think pipes are one of those things that everybody has a different opinion on. If you do your research there are many videos and sound clips with pipes and what they sound like. I found the 2 in 1 on YouTube.

Guess it's time for me to ride
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 PM

mufflers

You can search your bike on You Tube. You will find lots of samples. But, You really can not tell much by this. Recording devices have automatic level controls, everything tends to sound the same. And our play back in most cases are not much better.

Maybe ride for a while and keep an ear out for bikes like yours. If there is a bike night near you go to it. The Cobra's are good stuff. Some have removable baffels. Giving you a little more flexibility.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 02:39 AM

Try a bike rally or ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerdave View Post
You can search your bike on You Tube. You will find lots of samples. But, You really can not tell much by this. Recording devices have automatic level controls, everything tends to sound the same. And our play back in most cases are not much better.

Maybe ride for a while and keep an ear out for bikes like yours. If there is a bike night near you go to it. The Cobra's are good stuff. Some have removable baffels. Giving you a little more flexibility.

Dave
Hey bro the best is to go to a rally or ride and just listen to all sorts of pipes. I did this and found that I loved Cobra Dragsters. I love the deep robust roar that they give.
Good luck in your search for the sound you want.
Bob aka busterrm
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 12:56 PM

I've got Cobra shotguns with the baffles removed and to me they are the sweetest sound out there.

06 V-Star 1100-Trigger
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM

I have Shogun Ripsaws on my 1100. Everyone says my bike sound great. They can be very offencive (LOUD) when needed.

Doug

Live to Ride, Ride to Live, Work to support Life
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 PM

Loud

Guys, don't want to mess with the thread, but I thought this would be a good place to throw this in, if you go LOUD, please wear ear protection, believe an old guy that f....d up in early life, once it's gone (hearing) you never get it back! Loud is for the other folks to be impressed, protect yourself, later in life you will be very happy you can still hear Ride Safe.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Bear 06 View Post
Guys, don't want to mess with the thread, but I thought this would be a good place to throw this in, if you go LOUD, please wear ear protection, believe an old guy that f....d up in early life, once it's gone (hearing) you never get it back! Loud is for the other folks to be impressed, protect yourself, later in life you will be very happy you can still hear Ride Safe.
Huh? What?

06 V-Star 1100-Trigger
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

whats the difference in Slip On or just getting all new?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:40 AM

The size, bend and flow rate of the head pipe. The slip-on is just the muffeler.

GW
2005 1100 Custom
Speedster Slashdowns
ORKed 5/16" Lines
PODs K&N RU-600s W/PCV
PCS XXX/2 cams
Jetted & PMS Tweaked 20.0/152.5 3.0 turns
AIS Removed/Plugged
Wimmer Machine Custom Oil Cooler & Stash Tube
Pro-1 Tach
Dyna 3000 Step 5/ 6500 redline
TPS Connected
6" Fwd Control Extension W/Boards F&R
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
Progressive 465 rear
Progressive Springs and GVE front

10,000 Monkeys throwing crap at the glass and this one thinks he's Picasso...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode