V-Star 1300 Floorboards - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2010, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

V-Star 1300 Floorboards

i have just put 4" floorboard extentions on my 2008 V-Star 1300 and they are great but the brake pedal side floorboard needs to be made abit wider as your leg is hard up against the stock air cleaner. Has anybody had to deal with this? I suspect putting a spacer between floorboard and frame or aftermarket K & N aircleaner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 07:56 PM

I also have 4" extensions. When I put them on I had a SS Custom Cycle K&N which is very narrow, so I didn't even notice it. Recently I went back to the stock filter housing (didn't like the exposed filter in the rain) and I did notice my leg hitting the filter housing. I've been riding it for a while and have just gotton used to it. Not sure if you would want to move floorboard out more for 2 reasons.

1) You will have less lean angle before your floorboards hit pavement.

2) When you added the extensions, you already have misalignment from the brake pedal to the brake cylinder by the thickness of your extensions (~5/16"). There is some flexability to the brake rod, but I wouldn't add 1/2" spacer to the floorboard unless you make the brake rod offset.

If you like the looks of the aftermarket exposed filters like I had, most of them are much narrower than the stock air box, but your going to pay $250-300 for a new one.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM

jud727
Here's another forum where you'll get alot more info about the V1300. This forum gets alot more threads about the 1100 and the new 950.

http://http://forums.delphiforums.com/vstar1300/start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM

I know this is an old post! But I have a question, will a 3" extension work with OEM engine guards? I would like to add 2"-3" but I don't want to lose the engine guards.
I am hoping someone has tried this at home! LOL

87' 1100 Sportster (caffeine runner)
05' 1100 Custom Midnight Edition
07' 1300 V Star Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode