Dynajet stuff outta my bike - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Dynajet stuff outta my bike

Bought a 2005 1100 Classic from a best friend who owned it since new. He had had a local dealer install full Cobra 2 into 2's and K&N. Dealer typically installed Dynajet kit...needles and jetted front 110 rear 108 in Dynajet mains. Man did it run like crap! Got stock needles from Tim, added one .020" washer to them, and installed; installed Mikuni 115 into front and 112.5 in the rear, pilots are at 3 turns out for now, what a difference! There is quite a difference in the tip diameters of those needle. Dyna is around .070" and the Yamaha is about .0625" so it is readily apparent how lean the Dynajet is to begin with.

Bike turned 111mph with Dynajets and 112 with Mikuni inside a mile, no windshield, don't know what top would be but guess not much more. I was surprised how close top speeds were, because the jet sizes cross as big differences in sizes from what I could see. I'm not that interested in high speed...but it is an indicator that things are set up properly. Just wondering what these things generally can do. Interested in driveability and good acceleration though

I soldered extensions onto the pilot screws so I can get at them. They are at 3 turns from when I was trying to make it run acceptably with the Dynajunk. Don't know if they will stay at that many turns...

Would appreciate a general concensus of how many turns most everyone generally arrives at so I can have an idea of where I should have it. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Could be down to the settings on the Dynojet jets and not the brand. I doubt a big aftermarket performance company like them would have jets that don't work.
I'm installing a stage 1 dynojet on my 1100 in a few weeks (slow UK suppliers ), already have the K&N filter and will be gutting the stock pipes too, so will let you know how I get on.

As for the 112mph the bike is electronically limited to 110, so that extra 2 was an optimistic speedo, no speedo is dead on.
What should have changed is your 0-60 or 0-100 time, not by much I'd imagine for the 10 extra donkeys or whatever these 3 mods give you.

Lowering the tone since 1969
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 01:55 PM

The Jet sizes for the pre 2006 and the 2006 (also 2005 Cali) and after are different sizes. They probably installed an early kit. Dealer just asked for an 1100 kit. Here's a link to the jetting charts just match yours up to it.

http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverB...tting-Settings

GW
2005 1100 Custom
Speedster Slashdowns
ORKed 5/16" Lines
PODs K&N RU-600s W/PCV
PCS XXX/2 cams
Jetted & PMS Tweaked 20.0/152.5 3.0 turns
AIS Removed/Plugged
Wimmer Machine Custom Oil Cooler & Stash Tube
Pro-1 Tach
Dyna 3000 Step 5/ 6500 redline
TPS Connected
6" Fwd Control Extension W/Boards F&R
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
Progressive 465 rear
Progressive Springs and GVE front

10,000 Monkeys throwing crap at the glass and this one thinks he's Picasso...

Last edited by Fulltilt1; 06-28-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode