stock seat woes (just thoughts...nothing more) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

stock seat woes (just thoughts...nothing more)

so i hunted and hunted for a stock 1100 custom seat. finally after finding it to replace my mustang two-peice, i absolutely hate it! it sits so much higher and puts me at such an uncomfortable angle on the bike. so after all that anticipation and searching and waiting, i'm going back to the mustang seat. may contact pcs for a potato chip seat. really going for the laid back comfortable ride, not the forward lean. may look at a true custom 1 off seat as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 08:58 PM

Another thought

CP,

Maybe a thought, if you ride with either one of those seats for a period of time you may just get used to the position and start to like it. Some of what we do is just toughen up a little. I didn't dislike my stock seat on my 1100 or my Liner. I bought a Mustang seat primiraly for the passenger.

Guess I should have added, posture is important, maybe think about risers or handlebars.

Just get out there and have fun.

Dave

Last edited by linerdave; 10-21-2010 at 09:03 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 PM

Just got my PCS seat

Had it for a week. A bit firmer but way better than the stock POS.
I'm keeping it. You have the option to try it before you buy it. Anyone else doing that? I want one of their Monster Pro pipes!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

1st a little history. In 09 I purchased a leftover 2008 Classic / Silverado. Momma was uncomfortable on the stock seat, she could only go about 30 min at best. And I was only able to last 90 min before butt burn set in. After talking to others we decided Mustang seats was the way to go. Momma loved it, but for me I just wasn't comfortable. The mustang moved me too far forward for my liking. After 1,000 miles I sold the mustang seats and went back to the stockers... For me its a lot more comfortable, but for momma, well she ain't real happy.... So after much research and discussion, I sent my seats to Mean City Cycles to have then do their magic to them.

I'm getting the Double Decker Memory Foam Modification for me, and the Comfort Rider Plus on the Passenger Seat. I requested the position of the driver stay the same , but down an inch in the rear to create a pocket. The Passenger seat mods include widening the seat 4 - 5 inches, and replacing just about all the foam. I requested that they make it a similar to the mustang pillion. The mustang pillion was 2 -3 inches thicker when compared to the stocker. I'd like the modified pillion to me similar to the mustang seat. I also requested the front be a little higher then the rear to help keep her from sliding forward.

The seats were sent out earlier this week as my scheduled appointment is for Oct 25th. Its killing me not to be able to ride, so I put the winter cover on the bike... I should have my seats back on Wednesday Oct 27th or Thursday the 28th. I'll give a full report when they arrive. The wait is killing me...

http://www.meancitycycles.com

2008 VStar 1100 Silverado...
Current Mods
Driving Lights
Crash Bar
Driver Backrest
Throttle lock
Seats modded by Mean City Cycles
Passenger floorboards
SENA headsets
Roadhouse Moto Classics slip-on exhaust
Running on Shinko 777, wide white wall tires.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 01:43 PM

I had my stock seat modified by Spencer from GreatDayToRide.com. Did a great job. I didn't get my pillion done and my wife began complaining. Took it off and now I don't hear her complaining anymore. Hahaha!

Ride Safe
Mark

1992 Virago 750
2009 vstar 1100 classic
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM

I am returning to riding after racing in my early 20’s. Long story short my friend had 4 wheeler I sold for him to another friend. Told the buyer if you don’t like I will buy. Guess what, I owned it. Put on Craig’s list ended up with a swap for V Star 1100. Road for over 500 miles and bride said she liked enough to invest in new seats. Purchase from Ultimate Seats. We both love them. Can run a tank of gas out before we stop. Had to put rear passenger peg off sets on due to pegs too close to bags. The weather has been great for riding pushing 1500 miles in 4 weeks of owner ship. The low down in MS
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:28 PM

Mid summer I added an Ultimate Solo Seat to my '08 1100 Custom. it was the best thing i every did. Really comfortable and looks great too!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM

I replaced the stock seat on my 950T with a Mustang. Best money I ever spent.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3314432...n/photostream/
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 PM

Garage
I've heard a lot of good things about the mustang seats.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphines View Post
so i hunted and hunted for a stock 1100 custom seat. finally after finding it to replace my mustang two-peice, i absolutely hate it! it sits so much higher and puts me at such an uncomfortable angle on the bike. so after all that anticipation and searching and waiting, i'm going back to the mustang seat. may contact pcs for a potato chip seat. really going for the laid back comfortable ride, not the forward lean. may look at a true custom 1 off seat as well.
I had a Mustang 2 pc seat on my 950T, kept it on for 3 rides, I hated it as well. Great construction but terrible seatng position I agree it pushes you to far forward I felt like I was on the gas tank. I was lucky my dealer took it back and gave me a full refund, he told me that they have a 60% return rate on them and they will not be carrying them anymore. I had memory foam installed on my stock seat at a local shop for $100.00 now it's perfect. I don't have a passenger so I don't care about the back part.

Denis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode