Rider Floorboards for 1100 Custom - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Rider Floorboards for 1100 Custom

I got a set of Yamaha floorboards for my 1100 Custom recently and was wondering what the underside looked like on ones that other members had looked like.

Mine are just bare except for a bunch of rubber dimples that I assume are holding the rubber footpad on. I was expecting them to have some sort of skidplate. Just curious as to whether I got a bum set or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama View Post
I got a set of Yamaha floorboards for my 1100 Custom recently and was wondering what the underside looked like on ones that other members had looked like.

Mine are just bare except for a bunch of rubber dimples that I assume are holding the rubber footpad on. I was expecting them to have some sort of skidplate. Just curious as to whether I got a bum set or not.
On my 1100 Silverado(classic), don't know if it's the same set up or not but figure so, got the same thing as you, look again, the back edge, say on the right one, has what is to be the skidplate, on the right side , outside rear edge, same on the left. Take a look, that piece is the skidplate, looks to be replaceable. Ride safe.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM

mine have removable skid plates on the rear outside corners (which is a good thing since I like grinding them off :-) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode