Barons Tachometer - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Barons Tachometer

I purchased a Barons Tacho through Cruiser Customizing in July 2010 and have done about 2500 klms and stopped working. Thinking this would probably be covered under warranty I emailed Cruiser Customizing whom informed me to contact Barons but Barons do not answer any emails or reply. I have been trying to get an email answer from both parties for over 2 weeks but to no avail.
The Tacho looks great and worked fine for 2 months but I would expect a quality product to last a fair bit longer than that.

Remember this problem if you are thinking Barons Tachometer or purchasing off Cruiser Customizing !!!

I will update this post as it progresses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:04 PM

Call

You might try calling, people that put an email address on the web get a lot of SPAM.

http://www.baronscustom.com/aboutus/contactus.html

Dave
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Agree with Dave, use the phone. When I called them with a question about their ork, they answered right up and were very friendly and helpful.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 12:10 PM

I have called them with questions multiple times over the years and had nothing but good experiences, and I'm saying that about both companies. Cruiser has been my main source for buying parts for years mainly because of how they handle their business. Before you slander two of the largest names in the accessories business I'd make sure you have the correct email addresses and phone numbers. I work in customer service in the medical industry and get angry calls all day long from people who claim to have contacted us and I usually have no idea what they are talking about because we have received no such correspondence. This is by no means an attack on you, I'm just stating from a different perspective that they may not be aware your problem even exists.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I have been in contact with Barons and all is Fixed. They are sending me a new Tacho face module and they were great about it. Would recommend Barons service to everyone and will be buying more Bling for my bike. Thanks from Australia!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 AM

I had the Barons Tach on my 1998 Suzuki Savage and it worked great. A real quality product. I plan to get one for my V-Star 950 too.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Agree totally when the Tacho was working it was great and looked good too. But Barons are replacing the dodgy module.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

The replacement Tacho module today arrived from Barons as promised. So again I would like to thank Barons for their interest and warranty support and recommend everyone purchasing there parts with confidence. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode