VS950 Mustang Seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation VS950 Mustang Seat

:Just bought a 3-pc seat for my 950. The rear seat will NOT fit with a sissy bar and luggage rack. It was designed for a bare bike only. Mustang told me to go to Sargent's so I can spend another $300 to get it modified. "Customer Service" doesn't seem to exist at Mustang.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 PM

That's a real bummer. You'd think they would offer more help than that. I was thinking of getting the Mustang seat but I have a sissy bar also so I'll keep shopping now.

09 V-Star 950 - With all kinds of shiny goodies. Oh ya, and a Mustang seat to cradle my old aching bones!

They say chrome won't get you home, but but it does make your bike faster and last longer!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Sissy bar

This link to Mustang's site shows their Rider seat, passenger seat, and sissy bar with their back rest on a V Star 950.

If your sissy bar is OEM maybe you should look things over again?

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product.aspx?ID=107

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

The bike used in the photo is NOT a VS950. It looks more like an earlier 1100 which is on an entirely different frame. Mustang only shows a bar-less 950 in the installation instructions.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 01:21 PM

Garage
From all the posts, with it pushing you forward on the tank and now this I think I'm going to try the ultimate seat.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

how long did it take you to get your seat from when you ordered it? took me 2 months to get the solo seat for my 950 because they said i was like the only one in the world with an order for that at the time. sent me the wrong seat (wasn't studded and i ordered studded) and then had to wait another 2 months to get the correct seat. at least they let me use the incorrect seat while i waited, but just seems ridiculous.

as far as pushing you forward towards the tank, i don't think it pushes me all that much, at least not enough to be uncomfortable or very noticeable by any means. before you purchase an ultimate seat or anything else, head this:

just went on a 3300 mile road trip with the mustang, 806 miles of it the first day over the course of 17 hours. the only part of me that wasn't tired or soar or fatigued was my butt. the comfort level from the seat is amazing. i believe it's worth every cent. the seat does feel a little weird when you first get it, but you quickly get over that and the comfort level over the stock is absolutely worth it.

when i had to return the incorrect mustang seat, i had to switch back to my stock and it absolutely felt like i was just sitting on a piece of plywood.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

The front seat, with the back rest, is absolutely PERFECT.
It sits and fits the bike and does everything it's supposed to. It took 8 days to get it UPS ground. The website could not track it, and I had to call the office for information.
The problem is that they built their seat for a stripped bike and now it's just too bad I don't like it. I asked if I should take off the sissy bar or leave my wife at home.
I will take steps to insure that neither one of those options is necessary.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 07:53 PM

Wow, I have a 950 T and my Mustang seat bolted right on. Took me about five minutes. Good luck.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 PM

Mine too - but I think it only works with the OEM sissy bar.

Geoff
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

It definitely only works with the stock sissy bar. Same for the ultimate seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode