rear ride height - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

rear ride height

I have an 03 v-star 1100 classic.every time me and my wife go over a speed bump the frame hits it.could it have been lowerd by the previous owner and if so how can i tell? if not how can i fix the problem? i got the rear shock set on the highest level it will go 7. i hope someone can help me figure out what to do to keep it from doing it in the future.thanks,wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:35 AM

Gotcha covered Wano. I just got a 2003 1100 custom and when my wife and I were on it I had about and inch of travel before the rear bottomed out. Bad for control big time. I ordered a progressive spring from Pacific Cruiser. IT ROCKS. No bottoming, great control. Tough to put on. I had to use a spring compressor from checker and a big vise on my bench to change springs. Totally worth it.

2003 1100 Custom
Hard Krome Ds
Drag bars, Stage 3 & intake.
Bugs in my teeth
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

cool thanks

thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Garage
The progressive spring will make it stiffer for shore But if you are hitting high center on a speed bump and not bottoming out the shock, then I think you will steel hit that speed bump I have crush two rider bells on speed bumps I go around them or at a angle at lest. 06 1100 and I am 155lb
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

ok,thanks.do you have any idea of how i can tell if its been lowerd? ive only had it since mid sept and i dont kno anything about it. you have nice bikes. sounds like there's nothing i can do to solve the problem!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 06:06 AM

Garage

# 24 is the parts that most change to lower the bike. there are a lot of company's that make these part's so just looking at them may not tell you much I don't know if the stock part has a # stamped in it?
I measured my bike and between the floor and the frame at the back side of the kick stand. 5 1/2 in. Again I don't know if that will help much.

Last edited by farmalldanzil; 11-14-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: spelling
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.ill measure mine and compair it with what you got on yours.i apreciate the help.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Garage
You are welcome. Some take item #11 and do what they call a flap-an-grind. Flap the part over and grind some of the casting to clear the shocks major diameter,This will set the bike loooowwwww
So have a look at that also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode