Birthday Motorcycle Ride - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Smile Birthday Motorcycle Ride

Ever since I started riding again I have always made a point of taking a ride on my birthday (12-01). But considering all that white stuff on the ground today I don't think it's a good idea. So I have a favor to ask. Could someone down south take a birthday ride for me and let me know how much I enjoyed it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Ever since I started riding again I have always made a point of taking a ride on my birthday (12-01). But considering all that white stuff on the ground today I don't think it's a good idea. So I have a favor to ask. Could someone down south take a birthday ride for me and let me know how much I enjoyed it?
You enjoyed it very much although your knees got a little cold. We left my house in Longs and it was 51 degrees. We headed east to the beaches in North Myrtle Beach and took a half hour ride south along the beaches off Ocean Blvd. The water looked beautiful but it was a little windy as we caught some blasts from between the buildings. We then turned back along the beaches and finally we turned west heading back to Longs and to my house. It was 49 degrees when we returned and the sun was setting. Weather forecast is for cooling tonight so we'll see some 30 degree weather. I hope you enjoyed your birthday ride - I know I did.

2009 V-Star 650 Classic Pearl White
2007 Suzuki GZ250 Black (sold)
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
My birthday ride would be on 12/23.... never thought about doing that being in central ohio and all; but one day I'll get further south

2009 VStar 950T
1988 Kawasaki 454 LTD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

you had a great ride on the way to work yesterday. good thing you are in TX as it was a nice and crisp 66 degrees when heading in at 4PM because you work the late shift. dropped down to 44 when you left work to come home, but the whole way you were thinking about how glad you were that you don't live in Indiana where there is snow on the ground right now forcing others to leave their bikes at home.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:38 AM

Nice tradition!
Think I'll shoot for that with my new bike.
Not sure how it'll work out though - Live in Ma. & Feb. birthday.

Supposed to be Sunny and 40 this weekend. Planning to get a ride in each day!

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late"
2002 V-Star 650 Classic - Pics & Mods: http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...nannmc/V-Star/
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 AM

Think I'm going to have to get to a warmer area for my birthday ride being it is in January and I live in North Dakota....
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 AM

Garage
Happy BIRTHDAY
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
ha ha, was my birthday yesterday too, heavy snow for the last week here so i've been reduced to a mere pedestrian too

Lowering the tone since 1969
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Garage
Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you also
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Garage
Year last on my birthday Wife and I went on the IRON THUNDER Five State Poker Run out of Guymon OKLA. 300+ mile on the run from Okla,Texas,New Mexico,Colorado and Kansas. Wont do that again Some 1200 miles in three days. This time I'm going to keep it too 100 or less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode