Dealer services - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Dealer services

Recently the fuel pump went out on my 08 V Star 1100 Classic that I bought new this past April. It left me stranded over an hour away from home. It was a warranty repair.

My question is, I was talking with a friend who is an avid Harley guy. He was telling me that when his bike is under warranty, if he breaks down the dealership will arrange for the bike to be picked up, no matter where he is, and will deliver the bike back to his house when repairs are complete, free of charge.

Is this common, and does Yamaha offer this anywhere?

(Disclaimer: This guy is one of those types that has done anything you have done better than you, what he has is better than what you have, etc...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby95 View Post
(Disclaimer: This guy is one of those types that has done anything you have done better than you, what he has is better than what you have, etc...).
What a surprise for a Harley rider to be like that! LOL
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 06:17 PM

Haulin Harley

Don't know if Yamaha does that or not, they don't around here.
I sorta wander if Harley does, looks to me like they would lose their butt on haul bills as much as they need worked on Haul in haul back to you Ride safe folks.

Ride Safe, Live Long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM

Warrenty

A group of guys I know were on a ride around Lake Erie. One of the bikes was a new Harley. The Harley broke down in Canada. Harley picked it up on a Sunday repaired it, got it back to him in day and paid for a nights lodging.

Of course the Harley cost twice as much as your 1100. Don't know if he paid for any extra coverage or not. And, the yamaha is a lot less likely to break down. You seldom hear of a new bike needing any repair.

While traveling I needed a tire. The local dealer did go out of his way to get me a tire.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode