newbie to vstar family x 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

newbie to vstar family x 2

Just bought 2 new vstars 1100 for myself and a 650 for my girlfriend she is just starting out and i'm coming from a honda VFR 800 time for me to slow down the pace a bit so we can enjoy this together. Does any one know a good way to find ppl to ride with? i'm in ONT near tillsonburg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Garage
V-star

Good choice on bikes Welcome to the forum 2STAR. I don't think I would jump right in to group riding. Group riding has some good advantages but you should work on the riding skills first. And besides the two of you can be a group in it self I have the 1100/650 v-stars also. Wife started out on a vstar 250(2200MIL) and now has 30,000 mile on her 650 with out one problem at all. After a year or more experience for her We started to ride with the STAR TOURING GROUP some times but not all of our rides. There should be some national riding groups close by you. WELCOME IN 2STAR.

Last edited by farmalldanzil; 01-02-2011 at 04:39 PM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Star Touring

I wonder if there is a Star Touring and Riding in your area.

http://www.startouring.org/

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

i've been riding for 19 yrs off and on,and more the past 2 yrs and now that i have a girlfriend that is interested in it too will sure help me get out more she has rode dirtbikesfor years so hope that will help her out some
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM

Garage
Good to Go

That sounds good to go to me. If you wont a smaller group-put a ad it the local paper. Make a few poker runs. Lots of groups large and small make them. Large groups can be fun for the day but for 2/3days a smaller group is better to me. Ride-n-eat are fun too with 3/5 bikes. More than 10 rider out to eat can be a pain to.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM

Welcome aboard! I'd recommend your girlfriend take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course - MSF BRC. It will start her out on the right foot safety wise. Many riders who have been riding for years take the course and learn from it. Either way, ride safe and keep the shiney side up.

2009 V-Star 650 Classic Pearl White
2007 Suzuki GZ250 Black (sold)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stars View Post
1100 for myself and a 650 for my girlfriend
Sounds familiar Dan, you sure you didn't write that?

Welcome to the forum and to the V-Star family, 2stars. Again, you two have the best riding group you can have. Keep riding, and you'll find plenty of others to ride with, it just happens.

2002 V-Star 1100 Silverado
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 08:48 PM

Congrats on gettin back into the world! Sugar Bear suggest you folks get some good miles in alone,(together) get in sync ridin w/each other, riding with a group can be a bear(pardon the pun),can be fun, can be a disaster. Feel comphy with each other before you get in the middle of a group you know nothing about. Just some thoughts from Sugar Bear, but whatever, Ride Safe

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 09:08 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=DonDar;16697]Sounds familiar Dan, you sure you didn't write that? YAW DEC-24-2010 she was my girl friend 36 years now
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Some very nice bikes there and after you get comfortable with them the right group will come along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode