Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

speedo needle jumped the stop

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Corsair 
#1 ·
so i have a 2003 vstar 1100 and it was on a trailer the other day (dont ask) and i can only assume it got a good jolt or bump from being on there. When i had unloaded it and started working on the bike, i noticed the speedo needle was behind the "stop" portion. once i got everything hooked back up i noticed that when the key is turned on it moves forward in the direction of which it would go up as the bike got faster. is there a way of working the needle past the low point or the "stop" on the speedo?

i called a speedometer repair shop and they said it was $100 and basically all they do is pry the metal ring from the bottom of the speedo, take it off and then move the needle to the correct side... hell if thats all it takes i could do that myself and save the $... Just didnt know if anyone else knew of a way to fix it or if there is another way to make it work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.