Handle Bars 650 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Handle Bars 650

I am looking to mix things up a bit. My 03 650 Classic still has the stock bars and over the winter while waiting to get back in the saddle, I have grown bored of them and want to swap them out.

I see everything from Drag Bars to Ape Hangers out there in 1" to 1.5". Anyone have recommendations for their favorite set up as far as style, thickness, risers required etc? I like the look of the hangers but I am not keen on dropping a ton of extra cash on changing all the cables. Also law in BC is highest point on the bars can't be over shoulder length. Anyone know what that would be? A 12", 14" or 16" set?

I am brand spanking new to the handle bar game so any info (the more details the better) would be greatly appreciated.

Marc.
2003 VStar 650 Classic
www.2wheels2freedom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM

I have Burly Longhorn Beach Bars on 4" pullback risers. 4inch tall x 1.5 inch back. The Tilt keeps my tach from blinding me in the sun. Make sure you check the risers for size as Harley risers are .8" and my Star came with 1.2" thick. Do a search for handlebars on the site I think I posted an article on fitting them either here or on the YMF site.

GW
2005 1100 Custom
Speedster Slashdowns
ORKed 5/16" Lines
PODs K&N RU-600s W/PCV
PCS XXX/2 cams
Jetted & PMS Tweaked 20.0/152.5 3.0 turns
AIS Removed/Plugged
Wimmer Machine Custom Oil Cooler & Stash Tube
Pro-1 Tach
Dyna 3000 Step 5/ 6500 redline
TPS Connected
6" Fwd Control Extension W/Boards F&R
Memphis Shades Bullet Fairing
Progressive 465 rear
Progressive Springs and GVE front

10,000 Monkeys throwing crap at the glass and this one thinks he's Picasso...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 AM

i put a set of 4" risers and a set of buckhorn bars on my 650 it improved both control and ease of sitting as your not spread apart reaching throttle etc. Im only 5.6 so this matters. also cables fit just fine no modification needed. Now if it would just stop snowing. glenn swontario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster View Post
i put a set of 4" risers and a set of buckhorn bars on my 650 it improved both control and ease of sitting as your not spread apart reaching throttle etc. Im only 5.6 so this matters. also cables fit just fine no modification needed. Now if it would just stop snowing. glenn swontario
Where did you get the buckhorn handlebars? I've been looking for some and all I find are ape hangers.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 11:41 AM

I got them through my yamaha dealer in london ont the part # is 16-H55235 im not sure the maker i believe it was made in holland . they called it HBAR BUCKHORN was 70$ so us should be less hope this helps .glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode