Help with Chrome World Fork Bullets! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Help with Chrome World Fork Bullets!

Got CUSTOM WORLD INTERNATIONAL Chrome Fork Bullets for my 2009 V-Star 950. Put on the Clutch side in 1 minutes, slid right on.

The Brake Side (Right Fork), the Bullet doesn't fit on The allen screws are in the way a little on the (2) HEADS and tails of the screw.

I took the 2 allen screws all the way out and the fork bullet slid on, so that is it. Maybe I need to file the ends of the allen screw down so the bullet fits over it?

I tried to hammer it on putting a rubber sheet under it while I hammered and it helped, but apparently it isn't just trying to get over the LIP, but the screw is touching the entire way as it made a scratch/groove on the inside of the fork bullet where it was rubbing as I hammered.

I am sure others had this issue if they installed these. Any ideas, OR more importantly, any of YOU guys do this exact same mod and run into the same exact problem?

How did you fix it?

Thanks Guys and Merry Christmas!

The Bandit

Or, the other option is to file (dremel which I don't have) the actual bullet where it is rubbing

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn

Last edited by 2009VStar950Bandit; 12-23-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Took out stock screws on the problem side. Went to Lowes and they had the same screws M6 or M8 (forgot which) X 1.25. They were slightly shorter, where the stock went out the other side a few threads, these don't go all the way through, but seem to be secure enough and I put some blue Loctite. The throttle side went on in 10 seconds and I was done in 2 minutes.

They look awesome and really complete the look of my Bike and front end.

Merry Christmas!

Bandit..........

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode