Been gone for a while traded the V-Star 650 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Been gone for a while traded the V-Star 650

for an 07 Royal Star back in August. I really thought I would last a year on the 650 before I went with something larger. But as I went further out from home I started hitting more highways to get to good riding roads. The vibrations on the highway at 5k just got to me. I found a great deal on the Royal and did well on selling the 650 so I am happy.

The old

The new

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

did you purposely find one that had a similar paint job, or did it just happen to work out that way? they look identical. nice upgrade.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

It just happened that way. They are very close. The 04 was a candy Cranberry and the 07 a Candy Apple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Garage
Congrats on a great looking "new" bike. Glad to hear you made a good deal and are happy with your choice. Ride safe.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 12:38 PM

I thought the same thing as Bevo. Royal Star's are good bikes. Anybody know if Yamaha is EVER going to upgrade them? More cc's and fuel injection maybe...

HCTR
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
for an 07 Royal Star back in August. I really thought I would last a year on the 650 before I went with something larger. But as I went further out from home I started hitting more highways to get to good riding roads. The vibrations on the highway at 5k just got to me. I found a great deal on the Royal and did well on selling the 650 so I am happy.
Yeah think I am going thru the same thing and going to be looking at trading in my 650 for a Stryker, 950, or 1300. I experience the same thing here in Tennessee, lots of great roads, but quite a few require me to do some interstate travelling

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestache View Post
I experience the same thing here in Tennessee, lots of great roads, but quite a few require me to do some interstate travelling
I once had that problem. However, I moved to where I wanted to retire and the really good roads start at the end of my driveway.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

I hear you, unfortunately I retired a year ago today with the intention of doing that, However our daughter had a son the June before my retirement and put all my plans on hold. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) said we aren't going anywhere.

I bought the VStar the day after I retired and went through it from front to back over the winter. I had not been riding for 25 years and wanted something to get the feel of riding again figuring I would go larger in 2014. Took the BRC in March and put 3500 miles on the 650 before I found the RSTD. Over 2k on it before I put it away for the winter. Marion - that is down by Hungry Mother State Park right?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
I hear you, unfortunately I retired a year ago today with the intention of doing that, However our daughter had a son the June before my retirement and put all my plans on hold. SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) said we aren't going anywhere.

I bought the VStar the day after I retired and went through it from front to back over the winter. I had not been riding for 25 years and wanted something to get the feel of riding again figuring I would go larger in 2014. Took the BRC in March and put 3500 miles on the 650 before I found the RSTD. Over 2k on it before I put it away for the winter. Marion - that is down by Hungry Mother State Park right?
I was very fortunate about relocating to Marion (where I grew up). My company always had trouble getting people to move to the sticks when they needed people there. They approached me and offered to move me there 3 years before I retired. They paid for relocation, including buying and selling my homes. I ended up with a paid for 4,700 sq ft. house on 6.4 acres about 5 minutes from The Back of the Dragon and Hungry Mother State Park. The secret to a successful retirement is no debt and living where it is cheap to live. I live here for less than half of what it cost me in Northern Virginia and it's a far simpler life. I retired 11 years ago at 55.

Last edited by osbornk; 12-29-2013 at 09:24 PM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Great area to live. A friend of mine hit some gravel in his Solstice on the Back and wrecked it. It was down there for a couple of months if I remember correctly. I can remember vacationing in Hungry Mother. If and when I take my long trip this summer I will pm you and perhaps you can ride with me through the area, or at least show me where to ride. There used to be a circle track in Marion if I remember correctly. I haven
t been there since the 70's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode