Best mod ever: Kury ISO Grips - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Best mod ever: Kury ISO Grips

Wow...

I have always cramped on my throttle hand since I've owned this bike. I chalked it up to the handlebars. I replaced the grips this weekend with some Kuryakyn ISO Grips. WOW. The difference is INCREDIBLE. It feels natural now, even with the stock handlebars. I am still waiting on my 950 bars to come in that I was going to swap them with. I am just going to sell those bars at a discount now. Now if I could just get a seat that would work the best for me. Custom seat from Pillow Top Seats was worse for me than stock. Mustang sucks...About to try ED's seats...

GET ISO GRIPS!

EDIT: Just FYI I didn't use end weights either. For my wife's bike I did use end weights just in case because the vibration bugged her significantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 07:31 PM

You are right I had ISO's on last 2 bikes and going on the new Strat too. They are great !!

Got a set of Ultimate Seats from my V-star 1300 I just traded in .. have them in the for sale forum if you are interested

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=38137

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 PM

+1 on the ISO grips. I had them on my Goldwing and it was one of the first things I added to the 950. Love 'em.

Jeff
BLUE BIKE CLUB
2012 V-Star 950T-Impact Blue

Kuryakyn ISO grips
Back-Off taillight modulator
OEM passing lights
OEM luggage rack
OEM engine guards, saddlebag guards and trim rails
Marlin Talon gauges
Show Chrome Headlight & Passing Light visors
Mustang 2 piece wide touring seat with backrest/studs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

@tigrzeye I would jump on them except for the fact I received an email from their owner stating that their seats are only made to handle weight up to 260 pounds.

"Our seat for the 1300 Star is designed for sizes up to 260 lbs, I'm sorry we can't help you.

Thanks for your inquiry"

I have spent so much money trying to find a perfect seat and spending another $450 on something that I might not like just wouldn't work out.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 10:37 PM

I have the ISO flamed grips on my 1300. They are cool to look at but they get uncomfortable after about an hour.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune View Post
@tigrzeye I would jump on them except for the fact I received an email from their owner stating that their seats are only made to handle weight up to 260 pounds.

"Our seat for the 1300 Star is designed for sizes up to 260 lbs, I'm sorry we can't help you.

Thanks for your inquiry"

I have spent so much money trying to find a perfect seat and spending another $450 on something that I might not like just wouldn't work out.
Good point, just thought I might mention in case you were interested.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 AM

Definitely a step up from the stock grips on the 1100, but I don't think I would say best mod ever

2013 H-D FXS Blackline
2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
1980 XS650 Bob (in progress)
1981 XS650

USMC - 0331 - OEF
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM

I had iso grips and they bugged me after a while. I switched to the Avon air grips and they are great long or short distance. I found its nicer to have something squeazable if need be but my glove holds it just fine without a lot of force as well.

Cruise control is way better than any grips though.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNeptune View Post

Thanks for your inquiry"

Have you tried GreatDayToRide.com? He did my seat and it's awesome. I think I paid $120 for both seats.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman84 View Post
I had iso grips and they bugged me after a while. I switched to the Avon air grips and they are great long or short distance. I found its nicer to have something squeazable if need be but my glove holds it just fine without a lot of force as well.

Cruise control is way better than any grips though.
There's only ONE cruise control adaptable to the 1300. Otherwise it's throttle locks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode