removal of crappy speakers on batwing fairing - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

removal of crappy speakers on batwing fairing

Question for you guys who own tsukayu fairing or any aftermarket fairing. I bought this fairing last year with radio and speakers already installed from this company and let me tell to you I was very unhappy with the sound quality and then finding out that the speakers are not Marine grade speakers was disappointing. I guess that's what you get for buying a foreign product. The only reason I bought a tsukayu fairing is that I heard goods things about them the price was good at the time and could not pass up a good deal.

However I'd like to get rid of these crappy speakers with a new set of marine speakers. Still doing my research and will eventually get a new set this Spring. Someone on this forum told me how to go about removing the outer fairing to get to the speakers great no problem but once I do, is it relatively easy or should I take it to a professional? Is it a simple swap out the old crappy speakers with the new ones...

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by vstarjoe; 01-25-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 PM

they should be just screwed in behind the grills themselves which pop off. I bet they have a captive nut on them as well from the inside. If you do go with the polk marine stuff its top notch I am running 4 5.25" now on my fairing and they sound awesome. Combined with the head unit I have I can blast loud enough to be heard down the end of my street clearly but I don't turn it up that high just when I finished the install to see how well they sounded. My neighbor even commented on the fact they sound better than the bose junk in his car.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

removal of crappy speakers on batwing fairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman84 View Post
they should be just screwed in behind the grills themselves which pop off. I bet they have a captive nut on them as well from the inside. If you do go with the polk marine stuff its top notch I am running 4 5.25" now on my fairing and they sound awesome. Combined with the head unit I have I can blast loud enough to be heard down the end of my street clearly but I don't turn it up that high just when I finished the install to see how well they sounded. My neighbor even commented on the fact they sound better than the bose junk in his car.

You have 5.25" speakers may I ask what's the name of your fairing and do you also install any type of amp

Last edited by vstarjoe; 01-25-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 PM

straight off the head unit. Couldn't tell you the name it was an eBay find. I am using the JVC blue tooth head unit though.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode