advice on solo seats for bobber - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

advice on solo seats for bobber

Hi guys . I am looking to build a 1100 vstar bobber and I am looking for the right seat . Would prefer a kit . But I find the blue collar bobbers kit looks too bulky in the brackets , sits up to high and has a banana shape to it .
I am looking for a flatter seat thats nose is about level with the bottom of the tank and sits closer to the rear guard but still able to see the seat springs . I don't have much fabrication gear at the moment so would prefer a kit .
Any ideas ???

Grrrrrrrr ! Can't post a photo to show you what I mean .
Any one able to tell me how to do it ??

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 10:52 PM

Mine is just bolted to the front frame and to the back fender mount area

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Any chance you've got a photo of it ?? What brand is it ? Did it come with brackets ??
Thanks for your input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 12:33 AM

here you go its on my 650 not my 1100 but the look is the same
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo%202.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	23881  

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 07:15 AM

Bluecollarbobbers.com
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ.T.Heap View Post
Hi guys . I am looking to build a 1100 vstar bobber and I am looking for the right seat . Would prefer a kit . But I find the blue collar bobbers kit looks too bulky in the brackets , sits up to high and has a banana shape to it .
I am looking for a flatter seat thats nose is about level with the bottom of the tank and sits closer to the rear guard but still able to see the seat springs . I don't have much fabrication gear at the moment so would prefer a kit .
Any ideas ???

Grrrrrrrr ! Can't post a photo to show you what I mean .
Any one able to tell me how to do it ??

Russ
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell View Post
Bluecollarbobbers.com

Call me pissy or maybe I have my mad pants on today but if you read just the first line of his post yours is simply invalid.

That and the cost 400 bucks for a pan and seat. Now don't get me wrong its a quality piece but they have zero competition in the market and the seats themselves can be found for sub 80 range. Now the 10 dollar springs and pan and youve got a nice healthy 200 in profit. I for one like keeping money in my pocket and my 80 dollar seat came with the hinge and a drill mounted it right up with some stainless screws from the good ole home depot.

Best of luck finding what you want. You can also cast a pan via fiberglass and send it off once you have your fender you want in place if your using one and have a seat made to fit that pan.

It will be costly but may get you the banana look your after.

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM

My seat looks real similar to Barman84s except mines black.

The seat is a Biltwell brand I think.

Bought the seat (part #0806-0066) $120, and seat mounting kit (part #ss-7355) $150 from SS Custom Cycle. If I remember correctly it was a lot cheaper than the Blue Collar Bobbers version. Can't find it now on their website though.

For some reason the front mounts a couple of inches off the frame - I don't know why - I wish the front of the seat would sit closer to the frame too - If I had any fabrication skills I guess I could change it, but I don't. One might be able to redo the front mount to make it lower if they had the skills.

It doesn't come with a seat pan or anything, I think I might mold my own sometime, but not in a big hurry.

Dan
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

I think I l I like the builtwell seats . La rossa looked good too.

I like the white tuck n roll . On either a blue or black bike.

Any chance I could get some close up shots of seats and brackets . I would like to see the height relationships between the back of the tank and fron of the gaurd .

I work away for 3 weeks and home for one so would prefer to buy kit due to fitting time and the fact that I don't have access to fabrication gear that the moment
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 07:29 AM

Mines a la rosa I used a drill drill bits and a Dremel. 2 steel strips bolted to the back brace to the seat mouts and one hole in the front bolting the seat bracket down.

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode