opinion on HardStreet bags - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

opinion on HardStreet bags

I am thinking of getting a set of Classic Tour bags from HardStreet, http://store.hardstreet.com/hardsaddlebags.html.

Has anyone used their bags before? Has anyone heard any good or bad about them (product or company)?

I would put them on a 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 PM

I got my Hardstreet Classic bags from Amazon last December. These bags come with holes pre-drilled and the mounting hardware has bolts in different sizes to accommodate your bike.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:07 AM

Thumbs down

Sent Hardstreet an email couple days ago inquiring about their bags and I haven't heard back from them...my opinion that's really bad customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:34 AM

They look like the royal star bags. What are the dimensions because the stock hardbags for my 1100 just suck to put stuff in I cant fit a laptop in it.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman84 View Post
They look like the royal star bags. What are the dimensions because the stock hardbags for my 1100 just suck to put stuff in I cant fit a laptop in it.
Barman that's what I thought when I saw them ;they look like Royal Star bags. Right now I have Edge bags with Easy or Ghost brackets but not too happy with the quick disconnect they're a pain in the ass to take off the mounting bolts...my right bag won't come off the damn hardware
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman84 View Post
They do look like the Royal Star bags but I bet they are not near as big. Everyone I have heard talk about the Royal Star bags say they are huge. Too bad they are also so expensive if you can find a set.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2008 ROAD STAR

2008 KAWASAKI KLR 650

2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC

My ride videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/roadstarblue/videos

Never run out of traction, ideas, and real estate at the same time.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstarjoe View Post
Sent Hardstreet an email couple days ago inquiring about their bags and I haven't heard back from them...my opinion that's really bad customer service.
I had a problem contacting their tech support after I bought the bags from Amazon. I wanted to know if they still sold the Hardstreet billet nameplate, which they don't
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t star View Post
I had a problem contacting their tech support after I bought the bags from Amazon. I wanted to know if they still sold the Hardstreet billet nameplate, which they don't
t star I thinks that's the problem you didn't buy directly from them...I like your bags, did you pay close to what Hardstreet has them listed for?

Last edited by vstarjoe; 02-14-2014 at 12:23 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

I spoke to them a few days ago. they moved to NC so their number has changed. I ordered a set from Amazon and amazon screwed up and sent me the stanard set vs the metric set. I called Cycra (maker of Hardstreet) and they informed me the only difference was the bolts. He said that he will send out the hardware to me no charge right away to make it right.

His name is Jay and his number is 888-481-7269 so If you have any questions give him a call. He did tell me that they make the Yamaha hardbags also, maybe that's why you guys recognize it?

I will post an update once I receive the hardware and get them installed.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-15-2014, 08:53 AM

I finally got my answer to my questions regarding their bags yesterday from Hardstreet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode