weatherproof handlebar mount - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

weatherproof handlebar mount

I've been searching around online for a handlebar mounted 12v/usb charging unit. While i was doing that I decided that i wanted a weatherproof phone/gps mount. Most of the time my phone serves well enough as a gps device but I would like to be able to switch out and charge multiple devices. Also is there a multi type mount that will allow all the above and maybe also allow for a camera mount? This is going to be mounted on the stock handlebars on a 950T. Looking for any personal experiences and real world advice. I have never used one on any motorcycle so obviously durability and ease of use are key to me. Thanks!

2012 V-Star 950T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:10 PM

I've got a Ram mount for my GPS, I think they make mounts for all kinds of phones .. very rugged. You can find them on amazon.com .. they're not inexpensive, but very very dependable and rugged.

Black Cherry Stealth
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 AM

I just use the lifeproof case for my phone with the lifeproof mount on my handle bars. I think the mounts 29 bucks and connects to the case really securely. I had the ram mount and case for my gps when I was using that but it was really bulky on my bike.

With my apes the lifeproof sits right on the left up rise and all my connections go straight to my fairing. I know when it comes time to upgrade I will rpobably have to upgrade to all new stuff again but I will just rock my 5s in the case longer and bluetooth it to the new phone for awhile if I have to. Its really nice to have my GPS, radio, and any thing else I need right there. No I don't use it as a phone while driving but its sinked bluetooth to my radio so I can actually get siri to read and respond to text as long as I am sitting still without touching my phone.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 12:38 PM

I bought an inexpensive mount from Amazon. $20 I've had my I-Phone or Garmin 765 in it during several down pours. Worked well for me.
Arkon GPS032 Handlebar Mount for 3.5 - 4.3-Inch GPS Devices

2005 Road Star 1700 Silverado & Star Light Model 19 Trailer
Mustang Seats, Passing Lights, Hwy. Bars, Throttle Lock, HitchDoc Trailer Hitch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode