Mustang Hard Bags - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Mustang Hard Bags

Has anyone installed or know someone who has installed Mustang Covered Hardbags on a V-Star 1100 Classic or Silverado? I know Mustang makes good products but wondering how they would fit on an an 1100.

Here's a link to the bags: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/mu...s/part/M-13301

Any pics would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 08:59 PM
krb

Go to http://tsukayu.com/strong%20photo.htm and scroll down to the Yamaha section. The Mustang bags are to all appearances Tsukayu "quick detach jumbo" bags that are covered by Mustang's upholstery instead of being painted.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

You might be right that Tsukayu is making the bags for Mustang, but the sizes of the present Tsukayu bags are all slightly different than the Mustang bags:

Strong Bags: 25” X 14.5” X 8”

Jumbo Strong: 27” X 15.25” X 10:75

Mustang Covered Hardbags; 26” X 15” X 9"

The Tsukayu site does have some pics of V-Star 1100's with their bags on them, which helps me visualize how any bags this size might look on the bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 12:37 AM
krb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynorthwest View Post
Mustang Covered Hardbags; 26” X 15” X 9"
The "quick release strong" which is what Mustang seems to use is listed as 25x14.5x8.5. Add some thickness from upholstery and allow for some margin of error in measuring and they sound like the same size. They are also the same shape, use the same latches and have the same carpet lining the interior. Same goes for the tour pack/trunk.

I do notice thought that the Mustang has a difference on the inner wall by the fender. The Mustang looks like it come up higher while the Tsukayu bag is straight across. EDIT: Actually, looking at the pics of the Tsukayu bag it looks like it has the same raised section so they don't even have that difference.

But at any rate, as you said Tsukayu has pics of their bags on your model of bike to help you imagine how the Mustang bags would look and that was my point.

I have Tsukayu bags on my Roadliner and have been very happy with them. I figure that those bags with some extra QC and work from Mustang should really be a really nice product.

Last edited by krb; 03-03-2014 at 12:41 AM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM

I have the Mustang studded hard bags on my 1100 Classic and love them. I don't understand why everyone is comparing them to someone else's bags, and usually doesn't own either one of them. The bags are great. They're sold and backed by Mustang.

2009 1100 Classic
Memphis Fats Windshield
Cobra Slash Cuts
Hypercharger/pod-mod
4" floorboard extention
Mustang studded Hard bags
Showchrome sissy bar
Hopnel windshield bag
Stebel Nautilus Ear Cannon Horn
assorted chrome add-ons
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 06:15 AM

Wow, didnt know Mustang had hardbags, I think they look great, Im a big fan of their seats, never would own a bike without them, great product.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the Mustang Seats Plain Covered Hardbags with Easy Brackets. By all accounts they are a quality bag and I like that they're covered with the same quality material as their seats. Should hold up well.

I just finished installing a Baron's oil relocation kit, Cobra Speedster Longs, & disabling the AIS. Now I'll begin installing the Baron's Big Air Kit w/Jet Kit. My new bags come in this Wednesday/Thursday, so by the weekend I hope to have them installed as well. I'll get come pics up when I'm all done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode