Help! V-Star 950 OEM Hard Bags W/ Remov. OEM Sissy Bar - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Help! V-Star 950 OEM Hard Bags W/ Remov. OEM Sissy Bar

Bandit here. I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to keep this post on topic and short. I will post pictures to help as well. Got my Yamaha OEM Leather Covered Hard Bags to Add to my (Non-Touring) 2009 V-Star 950. Thanks to DevilStar for super smooth Transaction and lightning fast shipping!

I really just have ONE Question. I need to KNOW between what parts of the Sissy Bar Mounting Posts/Studs currently attached to my rear fender, do I install my Hard Bag Mounts???? On the Inside, Outside, etc. etc. etc. Keep reading and look at the pictures and it should be easy.

I tried going to the dealer today and looking at how THEY attached these to a V-Star, but the V-Star 1300 Cruiser I looked at, didin't have the same quick detachable sissy bar, so it used different hardware to mount the bags.

The only Difference in my V-Star 950 is the addition by the previous owner, of the 4 rear fender area Mounting Studs/Posts (2 per side), that replaced the stock screws so he could mount the OEM Yamaha Removable Sissy Bar / Passanger Back.

I am assuming I am supposed to use THE existing Sissy Bar Hardware already installed on my bike to attach the New HardBag Mounts.
I KNOW I'll still use the supplied HardBags mounting hardware for the actual bags and for the rest of the install.

Here of course a few pictures of the Hard Leather Covered Star Accessories Bags:

Pictured below is the Mounting "Bracket" for the Yamaha HardBags. The Top Holes in the Bracket belowis where the 2 fender Bolts get screwed The other 2 holed to the FAR RIGHT, attach to each side of the bike's rear passenger pegs.

Question:

I am NOT SURE WHERE to install the OEM Mount on the INSIDE (closest to Fender) of the existing Sissy Bar Bolts that were already added for the sissy bar? OR, do I install/slide the bracket between the bolt on the OUTSIDE of the Sissy Bar Bolt (closest to outside of bike)?

Pictures that May Help you Help me:

Here is a Picture of my Bike With the removable sissy bar still on the bike:

Here is the Quick Release Sissy Bar Removed. In the Picture below, please Look at the OEM Detachable Sissy Bar Allenhead Bolt (with a circular little base "Looks like a YoYou " that's part of the allenbolt) .

Does my NEW Black OEM Hard Bag MOUNT HARDWARE Top 2 attach areas go immediately after that allen bolt (Which would be on the OUTSIDE), OR, would it go on the INSIDE, right after the metal piece (which spins freely) and looks like a Metal YoYo (closest to rear fender/metal trim or seat)?

Right side (Throttle side) rear picture

Thanks

The Bandit.....................

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn

Last edited by 2009VStar950Bandit; 03-19-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

I don't think Very Many, IF ANY, have added the Yamaha Hard Bags to their non-touring bike. And, if they have, it is not very likely they ALSO ADDED an installed the Yamaha Detachable Sissy Bar with the new hardware so it can be taken on and off quickly.

I might just have to wait awhile. I wuill try to install this over the weekend, not much time now. I am sure I can figure it out and I am GUESSING the MOUNTS for the Hard Bags goes on the OUTSIDE (furthest away from the rear fender) on each side.

So in that scenario, the ORDER of Install would Be, the outside Allen Bolt with the circular base attached to it , then my HardBag Mounts, then the rest of the washers, nuts, and bolts, just like it already was.

I was just hoping someone had already done the same thing, just in case the addition of the HardBag MOUNT messes up the spacing for the removable Sissy Bar.

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn

Last edited by 2009VStar950Bandit; 03-20-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode