Bagger Handlebars - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Bagger Handlebars

I see a lot of people that put ape hangers on their 1100 but I was wondering if anyone has had success with a set of Bagger bars. I know they are the same idea as ape hangers, but Im wondering specifically what brand and size was used.

As Im running a front fairing, Ape hangers don't have the curve at the bottom to make it possible to run apes in a vertical fashion like they are made to be.

any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 02:54 PM

i have a set of black Paul yaffe bagger bars. 10''. I dont run a fairing but they look and feel great. All the stock cables reach as well.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarnes View Post
i have a set of black Paul yaffe bagger bars. 10''. I dont run a fairing but they look and feel great. All the stock cables reach as well.
but Im guessing you extended the electrical components?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 PM

Nope, I left everything alone and just loosened the banjo bolt on the master cylinder to rotate the brake line a little. No real modifications needed
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbarnes View Post
Nope, I left everything alone and just loosened the banjo bolt on the master cylinder to rotate the brake line a little. No real modifications needed
Were you able to run some of the components inside of the bars? or is everything on the outside as the stock bars are?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2014, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

I also am seeing a difference between 1" and 1.25" bars, I am not sure which ones come on an 03 1100 classic.

I see a bunch on ebay that seem like a great deal but I want to make sure Im getting the right thing before pulling the trigger...

I also notice a lot of bars are reduced for throttles and the clamps which hold the bars, are these pretty universal with our bikes compared to harleys or what.

Pretty much everything I see is made for harleys and im not sure of the compatibility.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-APE-HA...a5a920&vxp=mtr

Found these, anyone know if they will work??
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 06:45 AM

as long as the bars are 1'' where the controls need to bolt to you should be fine. on 12'' apes i would not plan on running any cables or controls inside the bars, they wont be long enough.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 AM

Those are to small in the center your spacing wont work... You need more center spacing that fits a harley spot on. I they are about 1/4" in on each side for the risers compared to the yam's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Yaffe-1...r#ht_669wt_916

these will fit no problem. The 1" bars are about it for us with bagger type bars as for runnign wires internally they are a pain in the arse with the ones you showed. They look just like the ones I used on my 650 which were on my 1100 until I added the fairing and they were to narrow to fit the radio opening...

In pic one you can see the height. In pic 2 you can see where the harley knurling is a little overlap but I just painted that part with black enamel you can't tell unless you look for a hard minute.

I love the look of the 1"-1.25" back to a 1 as well but they don't make them to fit our bikes spread... Sucks but it is what it is. These will be easy as hay to run internal wires as well compared to the other setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	handlebars1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	27321   Click image for larger version

Name:	handlebars2.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	27329  

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman84 View Post
Those are to small in the center your spacing wont work... You need more center spacing that fits a harley spot on. I they are about 1/4" in on each side for the risers compared to the yam's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Yaffe-1...r#ht_669wt_916

these will fit no problem. The 1" bars are about it for us with bagger type bars as for runnign wires internally they are a pain in the arse with the ones you showed. They look just like the ones I used on my 650 which were on my 1100 until I added the fairing and they were to narrow to fit the radio opening...

In pic one you can see the height. In pic 2 you can see where the harley knurling is a little overlap but I just painted that part with black enamel you can't tell unless you look for a hard minute.

I love the look of the 1"-1.25" back to a 1 as well but they don't make them to fit our bikes spread... Sucks but it is what it is. These will be easy as hay to run internal wires as well compared to the other setup.
I appreciate all the help! I see you have some ss braided cables, did you shell out the nearly $350 for a set or did the stock make it? I've noticed from previous post that 10" is the most people go with stock cables. I can't believe that there isn't a set if eBay cables that would work for us. After all I've put plenty of eBay cables on car applications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode