First Ride - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up First Ride

Lots of firsts today. First ride of the season, first ride on new to me 1100 Classic, first time with floor boards, first time for heel /toe shifter and all of them were great. I bought this bike ('03 V Star 1100 Classic) as almost a basket case, but I did hear it run. Let me say, I was not disappointed. I also have an '84 GL1200I Goldwing and the difference between these two bikes is like night and day. It took a few start and stops and around the block once before I got the hang of the shifter and I'm beginning to really like it. Only downer was when I filled the gas tank. Another first, nozzle didn't shut off and gas went everywhere. Wasted a lot of time cleaning up that mess.
All in all, was a really great day. I'm thinking the Goldwing might not see to much road time this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Garage
Not any firsts for me today but I did get 92 miles of smiles in. These 1100's are really dream machines.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 05:02 PM

I'm still staring at mine in the garage...bought a 2013 1300 tourer in Feb...what a horrible winter we're having out here! Soon I hope!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 05:21 PM

Weather was nice here .. got to meet up with 2 other couples. We came from different directions and met at a local bike oriented restaurant and had lunch.. SO NICE to be able to ride again First time for 2 up riding on new Strat. So far GF gave it a thumbs up!!

Glad you had a lot of firsts, except for the gas thing. Enjoy that new ride and ride safe!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	27842  

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes

Last edited by tigrzeye; 04-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

SaskNewfie..... Yeah, Atlantic Canada has been pounded this winter. That storm that just went thru there sounded terrible. Was in Nfld 3 years ago for my nephew's wedding. He married a girl from St. Anthony's. We spent three weeks there touring around, want to go back and do it again. I've never seen so many moose and Gros Morne park was great with the whales so close to shore.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 09:30 AM

I got out yesterday, been trying to ride anytime it is 45 and above, as I only have a mesh jacket with liner. It feels good to get out in the wind, me and a bud planning on hitting up natchez trace soon

Also was thinking of riding with a local Star Riding group here, but the rides they go on are usually longer one way then I have been round trip, so hate to start and turn around. Since, I had my seat redone, I can see if I can go ride further now than about 100mi before my butt feels like I have been kicked in the ole tailbone real hard several times

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestache View Post
I got out yesterday, been trying to ride anytime it is 45 and above, as I only have a mesh jacket with liner. It feels good to get out in the wind, me and a bud planning on hitting up natchez trace soon
Firstly, throw on a thermal under your jacket and you should be able to go riding at lower temps.

Secondly, watch out for squirrels and cars on the Trace! It's a gorgeous ride but being distracted by the scenery nearly caused my downfall more than once

'06 VStar 1100 Classic - black with ghost flames!
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
National Cycle windshield
National Cycle quick release hardbags
Lindby engine guard
Driving lights mounted to engine guard

More to come when I save enough cash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode