Floorboards For A V-Star 250 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Floorboards For A V-Star 250

Has anyone here installed the floorboard kit with heel/toe shifter from M/C Enterprises for the V-Star 250? I just purchased the 250 last week and went for my first ride yesterday (about a hundred miles) and felt a bit uncomfortable with the forward foot pegs. All my past bikes have been UJM type bikes with the foot pegs and controls farther back. Would the floorboards make the riding position more comfortable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 04:39 AM

I don't have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that I HATE the forward foot pegs with a passion. I was doing a search for "floorboards' here and found your post. It feels like I am trying to drive a motorcycle while sitting back in a recliner. There is no center of gravity so all my starts and stops are very wobbly. I haven't ridden in many years but when I did, my feet were in a much better position and I felt like I had good control of the bike. Not so with this mess of a machine.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat373 View Post
Has anyone here installed the floorboard kit with heel/toe shifter from M/C Enterprises for the V-Star 250? I just purchased the 250 last week and went for my first ride yesterday (about a hundred miles) and felt a bit uncomfortable with the forward foot pegs. All my past bikes have been UJM type bikes with the foot pegs and controls farther back. Would the floorboards make the riding position more comfortable?
Comfortable is a matter of opinion. I have an 1100 with floor boards and love it. Im a 6'2" and once I'm done shifting my feet go directly to the highway pegs to get the most comfortable ride for me. My best suggestion for you is find someone with a similar bike that has floor boards and beg to take it for a spin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 07:22 PM

try it on the cheap

Make your own fb's.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Cathy B

This is my first cruiser too and at first I had a hard time adjusting to the riding position. Do as I did and find a quite place like an empty parking lot on the weekend and practice taking off and stopping. It will come to you after a while. Don't give up!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up on the video martymcfly!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, riverrat. Unfortunately, I live in a small city so I have to drive through some fairly heavy traffic, stop lights, etc. in order to get to the parking lot to practice.

I am thinking of trying out a Suzuki TU250X to see if that works better for me. I don't see how it could be any worse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode